As Dreamers Do Part Deux

I know I'm a week late, but let's break this down.
Here is the 2004-05 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)
Preview show hosted by Drake Bell and Josh Peck
8:00 The Backyardigans (Hanna-Barbera)
8:30 Rugrats (Klasky-Csupo)
9:00 Drake and Josh (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
9:30 Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Hanna-Barbera)

10:00 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
10:30 Megas XLR (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 The Brothers Garcia [Live action]
11:30 Grim and Evil (Hanna-Barbera)
12:00 Codename: Kids Next Door (Hanna-Barbera)
12:30 Samurai Jack (Hanna-Barbera)
Nice.
CBS (All programming distributed by Columbia-TriStar Television)
8:00 Pokemon: Advanced Challenge (Nelvana)

8:30 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
9:30 F-Zero: GP Legend (Nelvana)
10:00 Tutenstein (Porchlight; Discovery)
10:30 Justice League Unlimited (Screen Gems)
11:00 The Batman (Screen Gems)
11:30 Time Warp Trio (Nelvana)
12:00 Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (Nelvana)

12:30 Yu-Gi-Oh! (Nelvana)
Ok. This looks cool.
NBC (Nothin' But Cool)
8:00 Lazytown (RKO) [Live action]
8:30 Peppa Pig (RKO)

9:00 Braceface (MWS; RKO)
9:30 Atomic Betty (RKO)
10:00 6teen (RKO)
10:30 One Piece (Lionsgate)
11:00 Cyberchase (RKO)

11:30 Godzilla: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
12:00 Kong: The Series (MWS; RKO) [Reruns]
This is....

Wait, WHAT?

Why is One Piece here?
SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (New Line Cinema) [Live Action]
9:00 WITCH (New Line Cinema)
9:30 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
10:30 Sailor Moon (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
11:00 Zeroman (New Line Cinema)
11:30 The Tofus (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
12:00 Liberty's Kids (New Line Cinema)

12:30 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]
Nice. There's 2 rerun slots that could easily be filled up next season with 2 new shows, and I know the 2 shows.

And where is Tootuff?
Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Grantray-Lawrence or Walt Disney Television Animation)

8:00 Lilo and Stitch: The Series
8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 Fillmore!
9:30 Brandy and Mr. Whiskers
10:00 Naruto (English Dub produced by 20th Television)
10:30 Dave the Barbarian
11:00 Star Wars: Clone Wars

11:30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
12:00 Casper and Molly McGee
12:30 The Proud Family
Cool, but I suggested Naruto air exclusively on Toon Disney for a reason unless you're now allowed to air PG programming on Saturday mornings.
UPN
8:00 Arthur (Paramount)
8:30 My Dad the Rock Star (Paramount)
9:00 Sabrina's Secret Life (Universal)

9:30 Cardcaptors (English dub produced by Universal)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 Alex Kidd: The Series (Paramount)
11:00 Creepschool (Universal)
11:30 The Mummy (Universal)
12:00 The Scorpion King (Universal)
12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount)
Nice.
MyNetworkTV (KidsWB!)
8:00 Baby Looney Tunes (Warner Bros.)
8:30 Tiny Toon Adventures (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
9:00 Mucha Lucha (Warner Bros.)
9:30 Da Boom Crew (Warner Bros.)
10:00 Duck Dodgers (Warner Bros.)

10:30 Xiaolin Showdown (Warner Bros.)
11:00 Ozzy and Drix (Warner Bros.) [Reruns]
11:30 Static Shock (Carolco) [Reruns]
12:00 Shezow (Hollywood Pictures Television) [Reruns]
Sorry, nothing here really makes me wanna watch every week, but I could come for Mucha Lucha, Xiaolin Showdown and Duck Dodgers sometimes.
New shows in BOLD

Let me know which lineup you look forward to this year.
Overall, very good.

Have you looked at my idea for The Story of Tracy Beaker airing yet?

Entertainment News for September 2004

NBC's Atomic Betty rockets to the top of Saturday Morning ratings.
- TV Guide

UPN's SatAm ratings inconsistent as kids tune in to Arthur while tuning out My Dad the Rockstar.
- Variety

Citing the lowest ratings of the major networks, TimeWarner and Bally discuss pulling the plug on MyTV.
- The Hollywood Reporter

The season premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles opens with Bebop and Rocksteady chortling in the style of Beavis and Butthead's main titles, theme song and all.
- Access Hollywood

SBC's Tofus and UPN's My Dad the Rockstar are the biggest SatAm ratings losers.
- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page
The Raiders/Chargers matchup that was postponed back on September 13 due to unsafe playing conditions has been rescheduled for November 14, which was supposed to be the bye week for both teams. In the meantime, the grounds crew at Jack in the Box Stadium worked around the clock to completely replace the grass ahead of the Chargers' October 3 home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

For the first three weeks of the regular season, the San Diego Chargers have operated without an owner since Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and representatives from the other 31 clubs stripped Paris Hilton of her custody of the team. That might change in October when the owners vote in a special meeting on bids to buy the Chargers; one from former Microsoft exec Steve Ballmer, the other from Casey Wasserman, grandson of Lew. Until a new owner is approved, salaries for the Chargers' personnel will continue to be paid directly by the league. [1]
- SportsCenter

[1] This situation is similar to the NBA stripping George Shinn of the Hornets/Pelicans franchise before selling the team to the Benson family IOTL.

- TV Guide
Cool, so NBC is back after all? Even with One Piece of all shows......

If One Piece can get a less-edited TV-PG-V version on Cartoon Network's Toonami, then I'd be completely fine with One Piece airing on NBC.
UPN's SatAm ratings inconsistent as kids tune in to Arthur while tuning out My Dad the Rockstar.
- Variety
Well, at least kids are still watching Arthur and Sonic X.
Citing the lowest ratings of the major networks, TimeWarner and Bally discuss pulling the plug on MyTV.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Oof.....

Well, what has MyTV been airing this whole time?
The season premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles opens with Bebop and Rocksteady chortling in the style of Beavis and Butthead's main titles, theme song and all.
- Access Hollywood
Wow!!!

That's gotta be awesome!
SBC's Tofus and UPN's My Dad the Rockstar the biggest SatAm ratings losers.
- Entertainment Tonight
Ouch........
The Sports Page
The Raiders/Chargers matchup that was postponed back on September 13 due to unsafe playing conditions has been rescheduled for November 14, which was supposed to be the bye week for both teams. In the meantime, the grounds crew at Jack in the Box Stadium worked around the clock to completely replace the grass ahead of the Chargers' October 3 home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

For the first three weeks of the regular season, the San Diego Chargers have operated without an owner since Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and representatives from the other 31 clubs stripped Paris Hilton of her custody of the team. That might change in October when the owners vote in a special meeting on bids to buy the Chargers; one from former Microsoft exec Steve Ballmer, the other from Casey Wasserman, grandson of Lew. Until a new owner is approved, salaries for the Chargers' personnel will continue to be paid directly by the league. [1]
- SportsCenter

[1] This situation is similar to the NBA stripping George Shinn of the Hornets/Pelicans franchise before selling the team to the Benson family IOTL.
Ok.

Logo History: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Logo History
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

Up to this point, the evolution of MGM's familiar Lion logo is the same as OTL, even under Turner's ownership since 1982.

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ITTL, in 1987, rather than just use a byline underneath the main logo, Turner opted to use the "Globe" logo normally reserved IOTL for TBS/TNT/TCM prints of older films.
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Now, for the studio's 80th anniversary, a new logo is being developed which should be similar to the OTL 2021 logo.​

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004 Film)
sky-captain-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Released on September 17, 2004 by Warner Bros. under the Carolco label.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- The pacing is slightly faster than OTL.
- Sky Captain is played by Ray Liotta instead of Jude Law because the studio thought Jude was too young for the role.​

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Sky Captain is played by Ray Liotta instead of Jude Law because the studio thought Jude was too young for the role.​
This looks like good Saturday Morning Cartoon material.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
Underrated movie IMHO; people treated it like a modern period film instead of the old-fashioned pulp serial that it was meant to be.
I can see Liota playing him more like a jaded, world-weary Bogart character rather than Jude Law's gonna-be-Flash-Gordon-once Giovanni-Ribisi's-character-gets-his-rocket-ship-to-work.

Underrated movie IMHO; people treated it like a modern period film instead of the old-fashioned pulp serial that it was meant to be.
I can see Liota playing him more like a jaded, world-weary Bogart character rather than Jude Law's gonna-be-Flash-Gordon-once Giovanni-Ribisi's-character-gets-his-rocket-ship-to-work.
I remember seeing it in theatres too and remember thinking it could've made a good theme park attraction.

- TV Guide

- Variety

- The Hollywood Reporter

- Access Hollywood

- Entertainment Tonight
1: I'm amazed at NBC's redemption here.
2: Fair is fair for UPN, and at least they're successful in the E/I department.
3: If kids TV is any indication, they should do that.
4: Honestly, the fact that it took this long to make this joke is astounding.
5: I understand why, to be honest.

- TV Guide

- Variety

- The Hollywood Reporter

- Access Hollywood

- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page

- SportsCenter

I hope My TV Surivies

Now or Never (2004 Album)
93754310dbde534b7f9efaed05dc9539.jpg

Now or Never
Studio album by the Backstreet Boys

Release Date
September 28, 2004

Label
Legendary Records
K-BAHN, LLC

Under license to
20th Century-Fox Records

Distributed by
Buena Vista Music Distribution

Produced by
Max Martin
Krist Novoselic

Track Listing
"Help Me"
"My Confession"
"I Stand for You"
"Do I Have to Cry for You"
"Girls in the USA" (featuring Mr. Vegas)
"I Got You"
"Is It Saturday Yet?"
"Blow Your Mind"
"Miss America"
"I Just Wanna Take You Home"
"Heart Without a Home (I'll Be Yours)"
"Who Needs the World"
"Heart Shaped Box" (featuring Gus St. Pierre) [Nirvana cover]
"Nothing Else Matters" (featuring Gus St. Pierre) [Metallica cover]

Covers explained
AJ McLean: "Gus said that within a week after Colette was killed, he called into a radio station to dedicate 'Nothing Else Matters' in her memory."
Nick Carter: "I've always liked Nirvana's songs. I thought I'd seize the opportunity once we started working on the album with Krist."​

One Saturday Morning format evolution
maxresdefault.jpg

Disney's One Saturday Morning
(Original format 1997-2003)

For those wondering if Disney's One Saturday Morning existed in some form on Fox, you're in luck. The format was pretty much the same as OTL. But over time, the skits and interstitials wore out their welcome and were dropped by the conclusion of the 2002-03 season.

It was around early 2003 that current Fox chairman David Hill decided to streamline Fox's on air look, patterned after the network's sports graphics from this era.

An OTL example:

Starting with the 2003-04 season, Fox's Saturday Morning block opens with the logos of each show displayed on the floating oval discs as seen above, accompanied by a voiceover.

Sample for 2004-05:
[Voiceover by Jim Cummings]: "Welcome to Disney's One Saturday Morning on Fox, home to Kim Possible, Casper and Molly McGee, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....and....Naruto!"

The titles featured in the introductory bumpers rotate week to week, meaning you don't see the same variant two weeks in a row.

Variant A: above
Variant B: Dave the Barbarian, The Proud Family, Lilo and Stitch and Brandy and Mr. Whiskers
Variant C: Fillmore!, Kim Possible, TMNT and Star Wars: Clone Wars​

@WB18 @TheMatthew25
This is what the Chargers' new home Jack in the Box Stadium looks like. ITTL, it opened in 2002 and is situated on what was once the east side of the Jack Murphy/Qualcomm parking lot.
Besides the Chargers, the other teams that call this venue home are San Diego State University's football program and the Sockers of MLS.
stadiumrendering03.jpg

@WB18 @TheMatthew25
In case you're wondering what the logos for Baltimore's football teams look like:

First, the Ravens of the WLAF. Founded in 1983 as the Washington (DC) Sentinels, the team moved to Baltimore in 1988, adopting the Raven moniker a year later.
nyklgmbbhe362qbke35qmozvf.gif
30cb4f54ns3sg4ufjgwlqthkj.gif
ubje7bq6d037s873k9vgf2m3m.gif
xkbfh4ce9zmlt7paggdeyxaum.gif

The Marauders, who joined the NFL in 1999 along with the relaunched Bengals, have their branding similar to a proposed expansion team (below) that did not make the cut IOTL.
EuxKY6SXcAAO-_A.jpg

@WB18 @TheMatthew25
This is what the Chargers' new home Jack in the Box Stadium looks like. ITTL, it opened in 2002 and is situated on what was once the east side of the Jack Murphy/Qualcomm parking lot.
Besides the Chargers, the other teams that call this venue home are San Diego State University's football program and the Sockers of MLS.
stadiumrendering03.jpg
Looks good, seems like a nice venue
@WB18 @TheMatthew25
In case you're wondering what the logos for Baltimore's football teams look like:

First, the Ravens of the WLAF. Founded in 1983 as the Washington (DC) Sentinels, the team moved to Baltimore in 1988, adopting the Raven moniker a year later.
nyklgmbbhe362qbke35qmozvf.gif
30cb4f54ns3sg4ufjgwlqthkj.gif
ubje7bq6d037s873k9vgf2m3m.gif
xkbfh4ce9zmlt7paggdeyxaum.gif

The Marauders, who joined the NFL in 1999 along with the relaunched Bengals, have their branding similar to a proposed expansion team (below) that did not make the cut IOTL.
EuxKY6SXcAAO-_A.jpg
Didn’t ask for this but it’s not bad non the less. Confused why Marauders was picked because Marauders are much more associated with sailing ships rather than with planes.