Arcadia Forever Reigns: an alternate New England

Howdy folks, welcome to my newest creative endeavor.

The scene opens on a bright, sunny morning at the Massachusetts State House. The grounds are jam-packed with cheering spectators, all of whom had come to see one man - Harrison Gray Otis.
Otis, having spoken the final phrase of his oath, had just been inaugurated as the first Governor of the Republic of Arcadia.
The first of July, 1815 - a date that would change the future of North America forever.

In this universe, history slowly drifts to a point where the Hartford Convention is (1) a fully-fledged attempt at New England secession and (2) ridiculously successful. Some minor changes from our own reality occur prior to 1814, (such as Vermont being quite a bit larger and Hamilton surviving the Burr duel) but overall, the secession of Arcadia is this world’s main Point of Divergence.

George Cabot presided over the Hartford Convention, and Alexander Hamilton presided over the Arcadian Constitutional Convention, but it is Harrison Gray Otis that is chosen as the Republic of Arcadia’s first head of state.

There are plenty of maps, graphics, and lore tidbits soon to come, but for right now, I’d like to propose a question:
In 1814, besides a surviving Alexander Hamilton, who might be the greatest political visionaries of this world’s New England?

5DAB564B-9D80-4C36-A14E-92E722C63991.png

This is my current draft, ignore how goofy the star ring looks

Extremely small lore tidbit: when the 8th star (for Maine) is added to the Arcadian flag, the ring doesn’t expand to fit it. Instead, the star was placed in the center of the ring so that pre-existing flags could be more easily “updated.”