Arabia Felix, looking for references

Sorry for posting here, I just can't find a discussion that would suit better.

I'm looking for some materials focused on Arabia Felix in its palmy days. Unfortunately, all information I could google is insufficient and fragmented. Details of living conditions and economy are much more preferable, than political history facts.
Thanks in advance!

Alessandro de Maigret has a pretty enjoyable book that serves as a good backbone on the history of Arabia Felix. It is, however, chock full of political history facts. I'd still recommend it to you as a good jumping-off point, although it may be a bit dated by now. I know there is at least a second edition out there, which I have not read.

Jean-François Breton's Arabia Felix from the Time of the Queen of Sheba may also be up your alley. I remember it having a good amount of detail on daily life and some fascinating stuff on trade in the region. Again, I cannot speak to how current the scholarship is.

Sorry for posting here, I just can't find a discussion that would suit better.

I'm looking for some materials focused on Arabia Felix in its palmy days. Unfortunately, all information I could google is insufficient and fragmented. Details of living conditions and economy are much more preferable, than political history facts.
Thanks in advance!

"Arabia Felix in its palmy days"... hm...
Would you be more specific?

I mean the time frame, the dates?
For example: "from pre-islamic times to the Umayyad Caliphate incl."

That might help...

p.s. Are you really from St. Petersburg, Russia?

@Fishmonger Thanks a lot! Your description of the second book is quite intriguing, so I'll try reading it ASAP.

"Arabia Felix in its palmy days"... hm...
Would you be more specific?
Well, let it be "the second half of the 1st millennium BCE".
Fishmonger has recommended to take a look at Arabia Felix from the Time of the Queen of Sheba, where the period of time is almost exactly as I wished (8th century BCE to 1st century BC).

p.s. Are you really from St. Petersburg, Russia?
I am.

Why not trying St. Petersburg's public libraries?
If you're Russian-speaking, I mean.
I needed some kind of reference point to start with, as I'm not familiar with the subject at all. Exploring libraries is the next step, I've already found the book in the Russian National Library catalog, only in English, though. Maybe I'll change my mind and try something Russian at first.

I needed some kind of reference point to start with, as I'm not familiar with the subject at all. Exploring libraries is the next step, I've already found the book in the Russian National Library catalog, only in English, though. Maybe I'll change my mind and try something Russian at first.

You may try this one for starters.
*but I did not get if it's available...