ended due to it being way to asb

Context
Context
Studio AIP, know for its youth oriented pictures, acquired RKO's name and Trademarks. AIP then renamed itself RKO in 1970

20th Century Fox formed a joint venture with MGM, the joint venture is known as ATN and will be a television network. The announcement of ATN was in 1970

And CBS Films, in accordance with the FCC's FinSyn laws is to be renamed and spun off, the new name is Viacom. this was in 1970.

Bruce Lee became a big star by 1972 and has began work on Enter The Dragon.

NET was replaced in 1970 by PBS

National General Pictures was bought by Motown and renamed in 1971

Last edited:
February 3, 1973
February 3, 1973
The Hobbit Bid is over, DFE Enterprises has won the rights. Bruce Lee's Company, Concord Productions, has bought 10% of Warner Communications. Motown has bought 20% of Warner Communications.

March 2, 1973
March 2, 1973
The Cast for Disney's Robin Hood revealed.
Robin Hood: Brian Bedford
Little John: John Amos
Maid Marian: Monica Evans
Alan-A-Dale: Bob Marley
Prince John: Peter Ustinov
King Richard: James Earl Jones
Sir Hiss: Eric Idle
Lady Cluck: Carole Shelley
Sheriff of Nottingham:Art Carney
Trigger: George Lindsey
Nutsy: Ken Curtis
Skippy: Billy Whitaker
Sis: Dana Laurita
Tagalong: Dori Whitaker
Mother Rabbit: Barbra Luddy
Captain of the Guard: Candy Candido
Otto: J. Pat O'Maley
Directed by: Wolfgang Reitherman

in other news Universal's American Graffiti will be released this summer. RKO has announced a film adaptation of Scooby-Doo, after acquiring the film rights from Hanna Barbara, several scripts have been provided. Hanna Barbara has announced a 10 picture deal with Paramount, the first film under this deal is Murder on the Orient Express set for December 1974. EMI has signed a deal with Hanna Barbara to animate 4 Poirot films.

April 23, 1973
April 23, 1973
Hanna Barbara has picked Albert Finney to play the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot in "Murder on the Orient Express". RKO has licensed the Blacula character to Screen Gems, Screen Gems is to produce a TV Show based on the character set for fall this year. Viacom has agreed to fund Sesame Street and The Electric Company, the producer of both shows has given syndication rights to both shows to Viacom for ten years starting this year(1). CBS head Fred Silverman has announced a spin of Maude, all we currently know is that the house keeper, Florida Evans will have that spin off. Proposed names for said spin-off are Good Times, Florida, and James and Florida

(1) Expect these logo combos ITTL on episodes of Sesame Street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWDLTIV1FY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DN4_51_0w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtlgf3tLnE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImLolp36kRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAK7BNLZ7U8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtlgf3tLnE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImLolp36kRs

Last edited:
May 2, 1973
May 2,1973

United Artists has picked two scripts for Lord of the Rings and are narrowing down the choices; one script from THX-1138 director George Lucas the other from Andy Warhol. Star Trek has picked up a huge viewer base lately, romours say Paramount has a Star Trek film in the works. Warner Bros. has picked up the rights to the novel First Blood. Bruce Lee's company has merged with Motown,Lee is still head of Concord; National General has been merged with Concord. Motown-Concord Group owns 30% of voting stock in Warner Communications. Ingrid Bergman has been confirmed to be in Hanna-Barbara's Murder on the Orient Express. Gene Wilder has been confirmed to play character on the Maude spin-off.
Disney and RKO have partnered with CIC.

August 11, 1973
August 11, 1973

American Graffiti just premiered, it was packed people were rushing to see it. Plot: same as OTL.

American Graffiti: Cost: 777,000.It grossed $50,000,000. Distributor Universal. Production Company Lucasfilm.

Novemeber 8, 1973
November 8, 1973

Disney's Robin Hood was released today, it was packed. Fantasy fans were there, families were there, animation fans were there, and fans of Bob Marley were there. Plot: Same as OTL but the original ending is used instead

Robin Hood: Cost: $8,000,000. It Grossed $25,000,000. Distributor: Buena Vista Distribution (USA) Warner Bros. (UK, Japan, and Canada) CIC (Europe and the rest of the world).

Reviews: "Marley's performance was decent, but boy can he sing" New York Times
"Great film, ending starts out dark but ends happily" LA Times
"Confusing, dark, funny all are this film" Washington Post

Other News: Akira Kurosawa has signed a deal with Warner Bros. for an unnamed project. The Maude spin-off has a name: Good Times. Sony Corporation has opened an American branch headquartered in Seattle. Sony's European branch as announced an acquisition of Gaumont.

yeah that far better ending make things flow better. nice one and hope mr lee would survive and have a long life ITTL.

January 15, 1974
January 15, 1974

United Artists has picked a script: they've gone with George Lucas' script. Warhol said, "Its ok, I'll go make something else." we asked some questions to Mr. Lucas:.

Interviewer: Hello Mr. Lucas.
George Lucas: Hello
Interviewer:I'd like to congratulate you on the success of American Graffiti
Lucas: Thanks.
Interviewer: How'd you come up with the idea for that film.
Lucas:When I was a teen in Modesto I wanted to be a racecar driver, and that stuck with me.
Interviewer: Oh, I heard the film was troubled during development is that true.
Lucas: Yes. The first studio I pitched it to was United Artists; they hated it. Paramount was the next one; they said it was going to be way to expensive. Columbia said it wouldn't work. But Universal liked what they saw.
Interviewer: When will Lord of the Rings start production?
Lucas: Soon
Interviewer: Thanks Mr. Lucas
Lucas:You're welcome.

In other news: Peter Tosh has begun recording a solo album.

February 5, 1974
February 5, 1974

We spoke with singer Peter Tosh today.

Interviewer: Mr. Tosh hello
Peter Tosh: Hello Mr. Interviewer
Interviewer: I heard you had a falling out with Bob Marley, could you please share what happened.
Tosh: He wants to play clubs way to much, he and Blackwell control how everything sounds
Interviewer: Your solo album, what label will you go through
Tosh: Columbia, Warner, Disneyland Vista, or Motown
Interviewer: Disney has a policy against Reggae/Rock
Tosh: They'd want to sign me though. Just like United Artists would want to me in Lord of the Rings
Interviewer: Why?
Tosh: I was with the Wailers, if they don't want me it doesn't matter.
Interviewer: Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings
Tosh:Yes, it is a nice book.
Interviewer: What character would you like to play
Tosh: Elrond or Aragorn
Interviewer: Thanks for the interview
Tosh: You're welcome.

In other news MGM has set the launch of ATN for 1977. Bob Marley's Tuff Gong has purchased 45% of Columbia Pictures with Island Records purchasing 55% of Columbia Pictures.

February 5, 1974

We spoke with singer Peter Tosh today.

Interviewer: Mr. Tosh hello
Peter Tosh: Hello Mr. Interviewer
Interviewer: I heard you had a falling out with Bob Marley, could you please share what happened.
Tosh: He wants to play clubs way to much, he and Blackwell control how everything sounds
Interviewer: Your solo album, what label will you go through
Tosh: Columbia, Warner, Disneyland Vista, or Motown
Interviewer: Disney has a policy against Reggae/Rock
Tosh: They'd want to sign me though. Just like United Artists would want to me in Lord of the Rings
Interviewer: Why?
Tosh: I was with the Wailers, if they don't want me it doesn't matter.
Interviewer: Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings
Tosh:Yes, it is a nice book.
Interviewer: What character would you like to play
Tosh: Elrond or Aragorn
Interviewer: Thanks for the interview
Tosh: You're welcome.

In other news MGM has set the launch of ATN for 1977. Bob Marley's Tuff Gong has purchased 45% of Columbia Pictures with Island Records purchasing 55% of Columbia Pictures.
Marley's estate will be worth even more money then in OTL it looks.