American King

Maybe you can even even transfer some british colonies to the Irish to add insult to injury ;)

I like the way you think, man. :D

a remark about Ceylon, you pod is before it became british, and considering what all was going on, it is very likely that Ceylon still is Dutch and never became british.

I also suspect that in the latter phase of the war the dutch very likely would have sided with the French, as they still had some scores to settle with the british. So i expect the border of south africa to move north a bit and a few pieces of brit real estate going dutch.

i am missing the guyana's did they get butterflied away?
in africa ghana was still a dutch colony at this time.
And how did borneo become spanish?, seems rather unlikely.

Ceylon, eh? Hmmm... I think you are right! Ouch, I'll have to fix that. :eek:

Hmmm... Good point. However, for sake of simplicity, I'll keep the Dutch neutral.

Guyanas were indeed butterflied. :D

I think I had Ghana be taken away from Britain in the treaty.

I'll change Borneo. I'm not sure what I was thinking there. I'll give it to the Dutch.

It's hard to keep track of all this so I greatly appreciate your observations! :D

EDIT: 'Ere we go, mates! If anyone wants to help me correct any old maps to look like this, go right ahead.

American King.png

Last edited:
and about new guinea, i would expect the side that is english in otl to be French, instead of the dutch part being French. The reason for it would be that there otl were already French interests in new caledonia, so it would look logical to have contiguous colonial area.

you could go for an Irish New Zealand, or nua Shéalainn (hope google translated it properly ;) ) from then on.

as for ghana i could imagine the dutch traded it with the brits for north-borneo or something and so it became english, it would explain the map.

edit: and a thought about Britain, would the French split Britain up in Scotland, Wales and England? in a move of to divide and rule

edit2: i see that north-sumatra is american?

Last edited:
edit: and a thought about Britain, would the French split Britain up in Scotland, Wales and England? in a move of to divide and rule

Darn it, my good chap, don't tell what I have planned! :D You read my mind there. The countries of Britain will indeed be more self-ruled, at least for a while. I think it'll end up being more like the USSR. No one questions the "boss" country, but there is a degree of "localism."

and about new guinea, i would expect the side that is english in otl to be French, instead of the dutch part being French. The reason for it would be that there otl were already French interests in new caledonia, so it would look logical to have contiguous colonial area.

you could go for an Irish New Zealand, or nua Shéalainn (hope google translated it properly ;) ) from then on.

as for ghana i could imagine the dutch traded it with the brits for north-borneo or something and so it became english, it would explain the map.

Here we go! Ireland is still a British protectorate, though, and French royal markings adorn their flag.

American King.png

Tsao

Banned
A bit late to respond but, wouldn't it make more sense to create puppet states in China than directly annex it? It would be a bloody mess to try and administer, and I'm sure that the Chinese aren't too keen on having European barbarians ruling them. So, either full scale revolts are gonna erupt soon, or the are the French just leaving it to local officials to sort out?

And I think that France's piece of the pie is a bit large; not sure how plausible it is that they get that much territory........

A bit late to respond but, wouldn't it make more sense to create puppet states in China than directly annex it? It would be a bloody mess to try and administer, and I'm sure that the Chinese aren't too keen on having European barbarians ruling them.

I've already written about the Chinese Civil War. :D It is indeed a bloody mess and they fail in administering it. I have it all written, but I want to post two chapters in one post, so it'll be just a bit before it's up.

Tsao

Banned
I've already written about the Chinese Civil War. :D It is indeed a bloody mess and they fail in administering it. I have it all written, but I want to post two chapters in one post, so it'll be just a bit before it's up.

I still don't think it's plausible that the whole of China is carved up, I mean, it has a strong central government and history of independence of foreign powers........

And some of the areas controlled by the French are incredibly inhospitable..........

Thank you!
Finally, Jackson's dream of a Royal Dynasty shall END!

He had his dream for a pretty darned long time though. ;)

I still don't think it's plausible that the whole of China is carved up, I mean, it has a strong central government and history of independence of foreign powers........

And some of the areas controlled by the French are incredibly inhospitable..........

There's still an independent part; the white and brown striped part. Like I said, they throw off the French in the next chapter.

Tsao

Banned
There's still an independent part; the white and brown striped part. Like I said, they throw off the French in the next chapter.

Ah, thought that was Mongolia. It's gonna be awfully violent in China for some decades to come, isn't it?

Ah, thought that was Mongolia. It's gonna be awfully violent in China for some decades to come, isn't it?

Read my mind. It lasts for twenty years officially, and longer unofficially.

That just means that the people will NEVER want it bak! Long live the Republic!

Yeah, but they might accept an Emperor. American King Episode II: American Emperor. American King Episode III: Revenge of the Jacksons.

Just kidding. :D

Tsao

Banned
I don't really know. Probably someone important from OTL Russo-Japanese War era. Any suggestions?

I guess it really depends on if it's a republic or still the old Qing regime.
I'd probably go with this guy if it's the old regime, or this guy if it's reformed.

If it's totally thrown out the Empire and adopted a republic, I'd say just get one of the Beiyang Generals to run the show.......

President Yuan Shikai, maybe?

Last edited:
And how exactly did the Europeans carve up China? Reading over the chapters, it isn't really clear.

Did the Qing Government collapse? Was there a larger and bloodier Taiping Rebellion? What happened?

Next chapter! :D The Qing government does indeed collapse. Hold on a sec, I'm almost done.