Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, and I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, they tried combining the precise area into a single polity before in OTL. The Dominion of New England existed for all of three years before it tore itself apart because people from the constituent parts couldn't get along. Throughout colonial history, there have been points where the New England colonies have been willing to go to war with New York and Pennsylvania, most recently during the 1780s. When you have two parts of a single commonwealth that are willing to go to war with one another, or have a history of doing so, you've got yourself a recipe for disaster.

Yes, because if it didn't work in the 1780, it most certainly won't work in 1991. I'll just go ahead and tell the French that their whole concept of republicanism will just fail in the end.

VT45

Banned
Yes, because if it didn't work in the 1780, it most certainly won't work in 1991. I'll just go ahead and tell the French that their whole concept of republicanism will just fail in the end.

Fine. You put my name in the OP because you want me to see it, and then you piss on any advice I give you about how the situation won't work, despite the fact that in the meantime I've talked to plenty of New Englanders and New Yorkers and all have agreed that they hate the idea and wouldn't themselves agree to it. If you don't want my advice, don't bloody seek it.:mad:

Fine. You put my name in the OP because you want me to see it, and then you piss on any advice I give you about how the situation won't work, despite the fact that in the meantime I've talked to plenty of New Englanders and New Yorkers and all have agreed that they hate the idea and wouldn't themselves agree to it. If you don't want my advice, don't bloody seek it.:mad:

I'm not sure I actually asked for your advice. I said you might get a kick out of them. I guess I was wrong.

This is my attempt to create an infobox that solves the idea of post war Britain nationalising not only its railways but a large section of the merchant marine as well.

British Lines.png

Since the whole thing of Hitler becoming a painter is SOO overdone...

hitlerconductor.png

Adolf Hitler was a world-renowned Austro-British composer who saw the popular return of orchestral music, fusing the likes of influences such as Richard Wagner with blues, jazz, and the newly-emerging rock and roll genre. He is also cited as an early pioneer of heavy metal music.

He also dabbled in several instruments, including but not limited to, piano, violin, percussion, and electric guitar.

Politically, Hitler was somewhat controversial, with views that would have been considered far-left at the time, such as advocating for greater autonomy and eventually independence for the nations within the large empires of Europe, a Jewish homeland, his stance on the role of the working man in society, and his association with the Social Democrats and Communists at home, and the Labour Party in the UK. He was also an extremely vocal critic of Heinrich Himmler's Nazi regime in Germany. Hitler's dreams of decolonization, however, would not be completely realized until more than three decades after his death, with the collapse of the British and Austro-Hungarian Empires, in 1991 and 1999 respectively.

Last edited:
Rather good and well thought out - I found the political part rather interesting.

Thanks :) . I'm not gonna lie, I'm no expert on post-war Britain, but yours up there seemed pretty interesting too. Depending on the success of the program, maybe we'd see more/less prominent right wing in the modern UK?

the papal state? how interesting. i imagine that state is mature regarding religious manners. as in, they try to allow other religions, and not persecute them on some level.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm no expert on post-war Britain, but yours up there seemed pretty interesting too. Depending on the success of the program, maybe we'd see more/less prominent right wing in the modern UK?

Thanks
Its a idea I have mucking around with - the situation would probably make the right wing less prominant but they would eventually bounce back. The thought was that the company would slowly become less important after the second world war and when its large fleet of TTL Victory ships become outdated and would be privatised like BR was.

the papal state? how interesting. i imagine that state is mature regarding religious manners. as in, they try to allow other religions, and not persecute them on some level.

Essentially, yeah. It's a modern democracy, essentially a constitutional monarchy as we would understand it: the Pope is chief of the state for all ceremonial purposes, but effective political power is held by the Chamberlains of State, who must command a majority in the legislature. The Pope is still the effective, religious head of the Church, though.

Religious freedom technically exists, but, well, while you can live there, non-Catholics aren't going to have a nice time of it, and, while there are no legal blocks, you're not entering the corridors of power anytime soon if you're any other faith.

And it's a fairly traditional Catholic state; pretty much, a woman only got into power as head of government by being essentially Thatcher and a war hero at the same time, though sexism is, as you can likely tell from this series of infoboxes, not nearly so widespread ITTL as compared to OTL (e.g., a woman entering the Papal military academy in 1969.)

Vexacus

Banned
Most mysterious - wouldnt a 1960s ship have enough capacity to contact superiors when its in trouble though ? Assuming the source of said problems is not super-natural.
I've done an infobox on the wreck but not yet figured out how she sank

how interesting. a japanese pope. what next, the Alien pope from futurama? that would be a fun sight.

A more Christianized Japan happened due to a variety of factors; it's not a Christian nation, by any means, but it has a very significant Catholic minority by the 20th century, which, of course, leads to this Japanese pope ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.