Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because there's still that whole "Third Empire" business that Star Trek France has going around... thus my infobox. I mean, it only said that the Federation President's residence in Paris was a building in the "Third Empire" style, but that implies the existence of a Third Empire.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into Star Trek's so called canon. To all those little questions that Trekkies have debated about for years on end, I have a simple and blunt solution: it's called the writers didn't exchange notes.

Vexacus

Banned
I wouldn't put a lot of stock into Star Trek's so called canon. To all those little questions that Trekkies have debated about for years on end, I have a simple and blunt solution: it's called the writers didn't exchange notes.
The Trek Cannon has also been given a direct hit to the cannon with the JJ Abrams reboot

The Trek Cannon has also been given a direct hit to the cannon with the JJ Abrams reboot

Not at all. The Abrams reboot set itself up as a clear alternate universe: the supernova that destroyed Romulus created a new alternate universe as Nero went back in time, which OTL Spock was drawn into. The post-supernova OTL Star Trek continues in novel form and in Star Trek Online.

Vexacus

Banned
yeah. how will they fight the nazis with the leadership under japanese control? it sounds hilarious that an occupied nation is one of the most powerful fighters on the western front. Also, what happened for japan to decide the USA should be independent again?

sure, ive been wanting to know.

Oh, there is a reason why they are occupied AND still fighting the nazis, and here it is:

The Imperial Japanese who defeated the United States in the Pacific War occupied the former super-power, taking over the state capitals of each state and occupying certain high profile cities. While there was a fair amount of resistance to the Japanese occupation, resistance was not as high as people had expected. The lack of resistance surprised not only the Japanese Occupational Forces but the US government as well. They had counted on an armed resistance emerging to fight what they saw as the Japanese occupiers of American soil, but there was little, if any resistance in almost all parts of the United States. The origins of the lack of resistance to the Japanese occupation can be traced back to the start of the War in The Pacific. The average person in the United States had not wanted to fight another war in Europe, let alone fight against an expansionist empire that had built up a huge navy that rivalled their own. This anti-war sentiment had begun brewing when the United States began overtly threatening the Empire of Japan's holdings in Hawaii.

The Anti-war movement protested this, saying that Hawaii was too far from the United States to be of concern to the US and their interests; far less of a threat to the United States than say Nazi Germany, which was already beginning to stomp the swastika jackboot over Europe. The Anti-War movement and pacifistic and Isolationists sentiments in the US continued to grow through the 1920's and into the 1930's. The anti-war movement and pacifistic and Isolationists sentiments grew 3-fold when President Roosevelt instituted the "Neutrality Patrols", to protect US shipping in the North Atlantic. They said that this would only attract German military attention and bring them closer to war, Roosevelt ignored them and the "Neutrality Patrols" continued. A leading voice in the anti-war movement, Senator Jonjo Wilson of California, rose to prominence when he challenged Roosevelt in the 1937 Presidential Elections. He ran his campaign on the slogan of Who cares, it's not our war to fight", but he tempered his fiery speeches with tales of caution, warning that any action taken near Hawaii could bring war between Japan and America and that the Neutrality Patrols run the risk of getting the United States embroiled in another European War. Leading up to election night, showed that around 51% of the American population favoured the anti-war position war with Japan while 49% favoured. FDR was caught in a pickle he could not get out of.

In order to secure an electoral victory, Roosevelt was forced to promise that the United States would not get involved in the European War and that war with the Empire of Japan would be avoided. Election night was proven to be the slight tipping point in Roosevelt’s favour as one of the Neutrality Patrols was attacked and sunk by a German U-boat. The American public took with fear that more German attacks on Americans could be forthcoming and that they needed to be shown that the United States means Business. FDR met this attack with worry as he now knew he just might become cornered between tyrants and lose everything that he is trying to protect. Election Day, Roosevelt was re-elected in a 51% victory. His first act after being sworn in was to declare war on Germany for the attack on the Neutrality Patrol. This earned declarations of war from German and its Axis partner Italy which the United States responded with its own.

The final straw preventing total war came when US intelligence reported that the Japanese fleet at Pearl Harbour was being reinforced and upgraded, the OSS and other intelligence agencies/organisations said that this was proof of a planned Japanese attack on the West Coast. This was the final nail in the coffin and what would lead to the “Day of Infamy” speech by General Hideki Tojo. The pacific campaign began with the US attack on Pearl Harbour, which shocked not only the Japanese and the allies, but the general public in the United States. This also gave birth to another famous WW2 quote, this time from Admiral Husband Kimmel, of the United States Navy. Upon seeing the results of the Pearl Harbour attack, Admiral Kimmel remarked “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve”. It is recorded that "Husband alone", while all his staff members were celebrating, spent the day after Pearl Harbour “sunk in apparent depression”. He is also known to have been upset by the bungling of the navy brass which led to the attack happening while the countries were technically at peace, thus making the incident an unprovoked sneak attack that would certainly enrage the enemy. After an early string of victories, the United States began to lose every confrontation it had with the Japanese Navy, which pushed them further and further out of the pacific. The pacific war divided the forces of the United States in two, with half fighting the Nazis in Germany and the other half trying to fight off the Empire of Japan.

After suffering a string of humiliating losses, culminating in the loss of the US Flagship, President Roosevelt ordered that US forces fighting Japan stand-down and he signed the US Instrument of Surrender in the White House. The first thing to happen after he was arrested was for General Tojo to order mall US Forces that were fighting the Japanese to head to Europe to crush the Nazis and their somewhat reluctant British allies. While this was taking place, General Tojo and Imperial command realised that occupying the United States was a logistical impossibility, so they decided to occupy the State capitals. Under the orders of the SGOA, the state capitals surrender to the Occupational forces, which take over the day-to-day running of the state governments. The Governors remain in power as figureheads, who rubber-stamp the decisions made by the Occupational Forces. The lives of the average citizens, while not changing by much, do undergo certain changes. The most notable being what is called the 'Bowing Law'. It states that citizens must bow to Japanese soldiers whenever they see them, failure to do so will result in arrest and detention.

The Imperial Japanese Army and Air Force pound the Nazis and their somewhat reluctant British allies while the US troops continue their advance towards Berlin. The Soviet Union, in a desperate scramble, skips large chunks of German territory in an attempt to beat the Allies to Berlin; they fail as Major General Ishihara Saatchi leads a squad of Japanese and American forces into the city, creating the iconic photo of the Rising Sun being raised over the Reichstag. With the war in Europe now at an end, the Japanese now had to content with the occupation of Germany, though this was made easier by splitting occupational duties with France and Russia. The UK was occupied but only for a short time compared to the occupation of the United States.

In the Occupied United States, indoctrination lessons, such as calligraphy and tea ceremonies, appeared in school curriculums all over the country. This was designed as a way to pacify the youth of the nation by having them learn about the country that defeated them and to hopefully turn them into pro-Japanese adults. They were taught that it was their government that started the war with the Empire of Japan, a war that while Japan did not want to fight, and they made sure that they would win if they did. They are told of the dishonourable actions of the US military forces such as the attack on Pearl Harbour and the air-raids on Okinawa, where 9,221 civilians, all women and children, were killed. They are told that the citizens living in the United States possessions in Asia and the South pacific were treated badly, and that the whole incident of US War Crimes is known as the "Asian Holocaust" and "American war atrocities". Schoolchildren are taught that some war crimes were committed by military personnel from the United States in the late 19th century, although most took place during the first part of the Roosevelt Administration, until the military defeat of the United States, in 1945.

Oh, I might make a few extra infoboxes for this, I;m not sure yet

Vexacus

Banned
Here's the third in Series II of my AltHist Infoboxes:
Wiki-3.jpg

Here's the fourth in Series II of my AltHist Infoboxes:
Wiki-4.jpg

A 22nd century figure who has been named, but whom we know almost nothing about. I am contradicting a few books, here, slightly, but in my defense, I haven't read them, and they call him the "Secretary of Defense" in a government which clearly calls everyone else a "Minister" in other books, so screw that. :D

President Vanderbilt UFP.png

Vexacus

Banned
A 22nd century figure who has been named, but whom we know almost nothing about. I am contradicting a few books, here, slightly, but in my defense, I haven't read them, and they call him the "Secretary of Defense" in a government which clearly calls everyone else a "Minister" in other books, so screw that. :D
Nice, I like it. Though Haroun Rashid, wasn;t he President during Voyage Home?

Yeah, about the screw-up over the dates, I'm still trying to get the hang of the dates layout. Sorry

Don't apologize. I just want to see the scene where the Japanese officer is exclaiming "Sweet zombie MacAurthur!"

Or maybe he can be like the ghost pirate L'Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.