Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you like the reason I came up with. It's a miracle what I can do when I have coffee. And now, to answer the above question. The Imperial Japanese Occupational Forces, once the state capitoals have been placed under their control, will take control of stratigic cities like New York, Boston, Miami and :DNew Jersey:D. Once the Imperial Occupational Forces are in control of the state capitals and other stratigic cities, they will set about implementing the terms of the US Surrender. The whole occupation of the United States by the Empire of Japan should be viewed as a cross between the occupation of Germany and the occupation of Japan from OTL. The States will be placed under direct control of the Imperial Occupational Forces. The day-to-day lives of the citizens will changed, including na few noticble changes, the actual day-to-day lives of the average citizen will not change by much. And those of the people that get uppity abpout their new Japanese leaders, they will be dealth with harshly. Would you like to know more?

yeah. how will they fight the nazis with the leadership under japanese control? it sounds hilarious that an occupied nation is one of the most powerful fighters on the western front.

also, what happened for japan to decide the USA should be independent again?

Another twenty-first century country from "Star Trek", though it was only implied:

Third Empire.png

yeah but the thing is, the french language was replaced by the English language at some point.

Yes, it was. But the treaty that formed the United Earth, signed in Paris, was called the "Traité d'Unification". It couldn't have been a dead language in 2130.

Yes, it was. But the treaty that formed the United Earth, signed in Paris, was called the "Traité d'Unification". It couldn't have been a dead language in 2130.

im sure it had to decline by that point. it was called an obscure language in the 2360s. not even latin declined in 200 years.

im sure it had to decline by that point. it was called an obscure language in the 2360s. not even latin declined in 200 years.

It may have declined by that point, but it was certainly not dead - and I strongly doubt the French, being who they are, would admit that anything besides French was the actual official true national language of the French people and nation until its metaphorical corpse was already long rotten in the grave.

And even then they'd set up a Leninesque mausoleum dedicated to the sanctification of the late, great French language of art, culture, history, science and everything that ever was great in human history. (See: Response of Picard, Jean-Luc to reference to French as "obscure")

Vexacus

Banned
yeah. how will they fight the nazis with the leadership under japanese control? it sounds hilarious that an occupied nation is one of the most powerful fighters on the western front.

Oh, there is a reason why they are occupied AND still fighting the nazis, shall I post it here?

Vexacus

Banned
damn, i was hoping japan would be dumb for once. also, what the heck will they do about those who dont want to live under Japanese occupation. most of these capitals are small cities. cities like new york or Boston or something huge would be impossible to huge if the people get uppity.

Shall I post said explanation here?

yeah but the thing is, the french language was replaced by the English language at some point.

Odd, in one of the New Frontier books, France was mentioned having some sort of Department of Language (or whatever it was called) to maintain the integrety of the language. When an alien asked why that is so, one of the human crew said it was because they were French.

Too many throwaway one-liners in Star Trek to ever have anything consistant.

Odd, in one of the New Frontier books, France was mentioned having some sort of Department of Language (or whatever it was called) to maintain the integrety of the language. When an alien asked why that is so, one of the human crew said it was because they were French.

Too many throwaway one-liners in Star Trek to ever have anything consistant.

Unfortunately, that's one that can be clearly contradicted by specific canon: French is clearly established as an obscure, dead language in an episode of The Next Generation, by Data IIRC. That Captain Picard, a Frenchman, was disgruntled, but did not contradict him, indicates that the language is dead, though I suppose I wouldn't rule out the continuation of the Académie française in regulating a dead language.

It's like they fell to the dark side: They gain ultimate power - they get the capital of the most powerful nation in the quadrant - but they lose their very soul - the French language - in doing so. Now, they speak the Federation Standard language.

That is, English.

I know it's unrealistic, but it's canon.

Yes, I find warp drives, Klingons and matter-energy conversion more realistic than the French giving up their language. But, dammit, Jim, I'm a historian, not a scientist! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.