Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get Disney's pic on that? I;'ve tried copying the image from Wikipedia for an infobox of my own but the image never works out right

Ha, I didn't! :D

I didn't like the Disney images in Wikipedia so I googled another and pasted it with Paint.

Deleted member 40957

This is from something I've been working on for a long time, but it's not very polished yet and as such might have a few gaps and ASBs in it. Still looks good though.

it.png

Shut up! Star Trek counts as alternate history because of the whole "Eugenics Wars in the 1990s" thing! So I'm continuing my series with the following far-future infobox, from late 2390.

United Earth Parliament infobox.png

Shut up! Star Trek counts as alternate history because of the whole "Eugenics Wars in the 1990s" thing! So I'm continuing my series with the following far-future infobox, from late 2390.

most of the top level governors are not elected. despite being democratic. and the hereditary part reminds me of feudal times.

most of the top level governors are not elected. despite being democratic. and the hereditary part reminds me of feudal times.

The Supreme Council is not the "top level governors", despite their grandiose name - they're the house of review, akin to the House of Lords in the U.K. or the Canadian Senate. Executive powers reside in the United Earth Council, not the Supreme Council, which is composed entirely of members of the Assembly and chaired by the Prime Minister, who is Head of Government. They have mostly ceremonial and defunct powers.

Keep in mind that this is, essentially, a Westminster system, and not, unlike the Federation, based on the American system of government.

The inspiration for having hereditary members of the Supreme Council comes from an episode of... I believe it was The Next Generation but I'm not positive... in which it is referred to that Betazed, with a formulation stating that it is in good company with other major members of the Federation, has archaic, hereditary offices with theoretical power and significant influence in their democratic government. The hereditary seats are essentially held by monarchs or descendants thereof of certain states, either because those states were influential in forming the United Earth or throwing a bone to smaller monarchies to convince them to join up. Given the explicit existence of a Third French Empire in semi-canon Star Trek, I figure that monarchy's gotta make a comeback of some kind in the 21st century. The elected seats are an extension of this - they're not elected by equal districts or anything of the kind; they hold elected positions over certain countries powerful at the time - the elected leaders of the United States, Soviet Union, China, India, etc.

Though at one time the UESC would have had certain reserve powers, almost all of them were related to foreign affairs and war, both of which have been ceded to the Federation since that time. It is not a "true" bicameral legislature, in the American sense - the Assembly holds all real sovereignty, authority and executive power of every kind, apart from a single power: the Supreme Council preserves the ability to force a new election under certain, strictly defined conditions. Otherwise, the Supreme Council is a glorified gentlemen's club that studies and makes suggestions on changing proposed laws. As I showed in a previous infobox, former Prime Ministers are traditionally appointed to the UESC, even when their opponents are in power. That wouldn't happen if the UESC had any real power.

Challenge.

Make this in an Presidential Wiki List, you know, like this.

Anybody who actually makes it, can assume they won the 2044 election.

For the ones with no pictures anywhere, then get an picture of an anonymous person around that time, or in the future, get an modern obscure politician's one.

Do you have anything about the Eugenics War?

I've put some serious thought into how the Eugenics Wars may have gone, still trying to keep the whole thing canon. My biggest problem is that one Voyager episode in 1996, which refers to the Soviet Union as having fallen (the only explicit reference in the whole of Star Trek canon to said event; there's actually significantly more canon evidence for the Soviet Union's continued existence than for it's collapse). I'm also trying to keep it fairly close to our history in some ways for my own reasons, but still clearly divergent...

But, since you requested it, I'll put together what I have in my library of fanfiction ideas into an infobox :)

JSmith

Banned
I've put some serious thought into how the Eugenics Wars may have gone, still trying to keep the whole thing canon. My biggest problem is that one Voyager episode in 1996, which refers to the Soviet Union as having fallen (the only explicit reference in the whole of Star Trek canon to said event; there's actually significantly more canon evidence for the Soviet Union's continued existence than for it's collapse). I'm also trying to keep it fairly close to our history in some ways for my own reasons, but still clearly divergent...

But, since you requested it, I'll put together what I have in my library of fanfiction ideas into an infobox :)

Thank you.Really looking forward to it. As far as the Soviet Union it would make sense that it fell if you are talking about the rise of the Augments in Asia and Africa during the 1990's. My biggest pet peeve with the Eugenics Wars-other than they occured in the 1990's- is that they were overt and not covert.

Only problem with that is that the Federation capitals are Paris (Administrative and Supreme Court) and San Francisco (Parliament and military HQ).

Yes, the Federation capitals are Paris and San Francisco.

That was an infobox for Earth, not the Federation. And Earth's capital is New York. ;)

Anyway, here is a first draft infobox for the Eugenics Wars, as I imagine them - an actual, full-scale overt war over much of Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe in the 1990s, but leaving the Western Hemisphere almost completely untouched, so we can have the not noticeably different 1996 Los Angeles that Voyager traveled to. Again: a first draft, not a completed work.

Eugenics War Basic.png

That was an infobox for Earth, not the Federation. And Earth's capital is New York. ;)

Anyway, here is a first draft infobox for the Eugenics Wars, as I imagine them - an actual, full-scale overt war over much of Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe in the 1990s, but leaving the Western Hemisphere almost completely untouched, so we can have the not noticeably different 1996 Los Angeles that Voyager traveled to. Again: a first draft, not a completed work.

Pretty cool, France should be under NATO though.

Also, was this a 3 way war?

How did Bill Clinton beat Bush in '92 if WWIII (for all intents and purposes) is raging?

Pretty cool, France should be under NATO though.

Also, was this a 3 way war?

How did Bill Clinton beat Bush in '92 if WWIII (for all intents and purposes) is raging?

Yeah, France should be counted among NATO. When I made this, I was thinking about military organization, and how France pulled out of NATO's command structure until recently, but it was still part of NATO, so I'll fix that in my next version.

It was a chaotic war. Augments just don't generally play well with others. There are two general factions led by the most powerful augments - the Tsar and Khan - but most of the augments pretty much just fought with other nearby augments, while simultaneously fighting the US-led Grand Coalition and NATO.

Bush lost power in 1992 because of a combination of factors. He was blamed by some for mismanaging the liberation of Kuwait and causing Hussein's fall to an Augment dictator aligned with the Tsar, then his near loss of power to Augments in an attempted coup in May, followed up by revelations that he had been in charge of the CIA and had approved and funded covert experiments in genetic engineering in the US, South Africa and Pakistan, thus being part of the cause of the war. He still might have won if he hadn't then pulled out of the race, disgusted with himself; so late in the election, his Republican replacement had no chance of beating Clinton.

At least those were my thoughts.

JSmith

Banned

Thanks.This is just the sort of Eugenics War I envision. I hope to see more when you have it.

Didn't we have a timeline on the Eugenics War a while back?

I don't remember it, but I haven't read anywhere near every TL on the site. Honestly, I wasn't really thinking about going in this direction until JSmith suggested it - honestly, the Eugenics Wars are just really difficult to realistically incorporate into an OTL-like ATL.

Which is why my Star Trek infoboxes have been about the late 21st century and late 24th century to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.