Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Previous Post
Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 8.51.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 1.28.12 PM.png
Operation Eclipse was an Allied military operation fought in the German capital of Berlin during the closing days of the Second World War in Europe. It's objective was to create a breakthrough for Allied troops in the ongoing Siege of Berlin by using airborne forces to drop directly into the city itself, breaking the defense perimeter and causing havoc behind German lines. The operation was undertaken by the First Allied Airborne Army, which had previously been primarily a US/UK formation, but was expanded to include Soviet units after a request by Zhukov. It was the largest air assault in history up until that point, involving nearly 50,000 airborne infantry.

Allied planners had been working on an air assault directly into Berlin as early as fall 1944, revising the plan periodically as the western advance progressed into Germany. However, the situation in late June 1945 was much different than what earlier planners had anticipated. Instead of a lightly defended capital held mostly by garrison troops, Berlin was now defended by a combination of common soldiers, fanatical Nazis eager to experience Götterdämmerung, and desperate civilians impressed into service in Volkssturm levies. Nearly two weeks of direct assaults had tightened the encirclement of the city, but only at the cost of heavy Allied casualties.

In the hopes of finally breaking the German lines, the Allies were once again betting on their elite airborne units to lead the way. Their most experienced units, the American 82nd and 101st Airborne and the British 6th Airborne Divisions would jump alongside the relatively green British 52nd (Lowland) and US 17th Airborne. The Soviet contribution would come in the form of the 13th Guards Airborne Division, which in reality was an augmented brigade made up of veterans from Battle of Dnieper who had largely been fighting as leg infantry since 1944.

The assault plan was a bold one. The drop zone would be relatively wide, consisting of a rough oval between the Tiergarten and Tempelhof Airport. The Br 6th Airborne along with the 82nd and 101st would drop first, securing the airport and the surrounding neighborhoods to establish a perimeter. The second wave of the 13th Guards, 17th Airborne and the 52nd (Lowland) would follow 90 minutes later to bolster the airhead. If either of its runways were found to be intact enough to receive aircraft, a third wave would land reinforcements from the Glider Infantry regiments directly into Tempelhof itself.

The first step would involve an intricate deception plan. The Allies would halt in their current positions and pause the relentless close air support missions hammering the city. In its place would be a continuous stream of C-46, C-47 and Li-2 transports overflying the city for several days, dropping tens of million of leaflets offering good treatment in exchange for surrender. The hope was that the Germans would use the pause to move troops away from the city center to reinforce the front lines and that what little air defense still existed in the city would not be wasted on unarmed transports not considered a immediate threat.

Just after midnight on July 3rd, 6 C-47s, having turned off their engines 10 miles out to make a completely silent approach, successfully drop nearly 200 elite pathfinders onto the grounds of Tempelhof. They would be met by a small unit of OSS/SAS commandos that had infiltrated their way through German lines several hours prior and had eliminated most of the small garrison defending the airport. They moved quickly to setup their normal array of navigational aids (radio beacons, colored panels/smoke and Eureka radar sets) to guide the first wave into the airport, due right after 0400. These would be later be described as the most crucial hours of the operation as the failure of any aspect of this phase would have likely doomed the jump from the start.

The first wave of nearly 15,000 American, Commonwealth and Polish paratroopers made a nearly flawless jump, with most dropped within a few hundred yards of their assigned LZs. The notable exception was the majority of the 506th PIR from the 101st Airborne was scattered well north of the airport, landing mostly within the grounds of the Tiergarten. The 506th, having fought in similar fashion during Overlord, Market-Garden and Bastonge, quickly reorganized and secured defensive positions inside the Kroll Opera House and the ruined Reichstag building. They spent most of the next 36 hours defending the buildings from several waves of German attackers until they were relieved by Soviet troops pushing westward in to the city center. Once dawn broke over the city, a detachment from the US Army Corps of Engineers attached to the 82nd was able to ok the southern runway at Tempelhof for C-47 and Li-2 transports to land the third wave. The Allies deception efforts had paid off, as only this third wave of glider troops was the only one to see any significant concentrations of flak on approach to the airport.

Once the bulk of the second wave had jumped and was on the ground, the Allies moved to switch from a defensive to an offensive posture. Flying columns began moving outward from the airport and moving aggressively toward the lines of contact. The first attacks were made against the southern defensive line in Mariendorf by XVIII Airborne Corps, followed almost immediately by I Airborne Corps attacking east into Karlshorst. The German defenders in those areas, caught completely by surprise by enemy troops appearing suddenly in the rear and unable to fallback to new defensive lines, were nearly obliterated. Most of the southern and eastern districts of the city were in Allied hands by nightfall.

Steiner, from his command post on the grounds of the hollowed out Stadtschloss, remained defiant to the end. The morning of July 4th, he was on one of the last working phone lines detailing to a near-delirious Hitler in the Führerbunker plans to organize an a retreat into the city center to defend the government district, he was shot point-blank by aged Volkssturm militiaman. Any attempts at organized resistance soon collapsed, as individual units either began surrendering en masse to the first Allied soldier they saw or launched suicidal charges into Allied lines. By the evening of the 5th, the city was largely secure, although snipers and lone wolf attacks against Allied checkpoints would recur for several months.

Rumors that Hitler had managed to flee, either to the long feared (by SHAEF) National Redoubt in the Alps or that he had been spirited away by U-Boat to Japan or South America spread wildly for the next several days. These would come to an end on the morning of 7th, when a small detachment of Soviet tankers from the 8th Guards army were bivouacking in the garden of the Reich Chancellery, only to be startled by the sudden appearance of several young secretaries from Hitler's personal staff attempting to flee the Führerbunker. The Soviet troops, under the command of a Major M.S Filitov, moved quickly into the bunker complex and amazingly secured it largely without firing a shot. The War in Europe was over.

2007_Zombie_Elect1.png
The 2007 Presidential election was the 49th quadrennial presidential election held from January 2nd to the 24th, the first after the Zombie War. Community and Society Nominee, Harold Winters defeated United Nominee, Commander Sarah Fitzgerald, through the Electoral College.

The election is regarded as one of the lowest turnouts in modern history, with an estimated 112,086,907 overall voters, only 43,234,102 voted. Redrawing of states a few years beforehand was blamed for low turnout, as well as the massive amounts of people who had no access to information, basic housing, and otherwise basic commodities in a Post-War America.
ZOMBIEMAP.png

Last edited:
An actually realistic Confederate Election. Also I have a whole timeline for this settled upon, so if anyone want's me to I can post more.

1685550231521.png
The 1867 Confederate States presidential election was the 2nd sexennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 5, 1867. In the first election following the end of the American Civil War, Incumbent Vice President Alexander H. Stephens would defeat Secretary of War John C. Breckinridge.

President Jefferson Davis would be barred from running for a second term, as stated under the Constitution. Thus, the political landscape was divided into a Pro-Administration bloc, of which supported the President, and an Anti-Administration bloc, of which opposed Davis and what they considered his authoritarian policies. Both groups were fragile and loosely held together, though united in their equally favored goals. Inflation would run rampant in the years following the Confederate victory in the Civil War, leading to calls from Anti-Administration for a stabilization of the currency by establishing a Gold Standard, while those supportive of the administration continued the use of paper money.

Both blocs held nominating caucuses, in of which they chose their candidates. Vice President Stephens, a noted critic of the President and who had been excluded from his inner circle of advisors, was chosen as the Anti-Administration candidate, with former Mississippi Governor Henry S. Foote chosen as his running-mate, a man with a longtime personal hatred for Davis. The Pro-Administration bloc chose Secretary of War Breckinridge, the former Vice President of the United States, who following the war settled in Richmond, Virginia. Clement Claiborne Clay, a strong supporter of Davis' agenda, was chosen as the running-mate.

The campaign quickly devolved into brutal mudslinging between the two candidates, as the Pro-Administration bloc accused Stephens and Foote of disloyalty, owing to their past stances as strong Unionists. Meanwhile, Stephens supporters criticized Breckinridge as a puppet of Davis, and accusing the President of turning into a tyrannical despot, who planned on ending the rights' of the states as promised in the constitution. The end results were incredibly close, with Stephens carrying six states; Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Louisiana while Breckinridge would carry; Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Virginia. In the popular vote, the two candidates were separated by a mere 596 votes, with Stephens eking out a slim victory.

Last edited:
I just learned that chatgpt can spit out code for a wikibox if you are too lazy to do so, I made it create an alternate wikibox for a surviving weimar republic. I'm not sure if AI content is allowed so for brevity sake I will refrain from posting it unless told otherwise.

An actually realistic Confederate Election. Also I have a whole timeline for this settled upon, so if anyone want's me to I can post more.

View attachment 834993The 1867 Confederate States presidential election was the 2nd sexennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 5, 1867. In the first election following the end of the American Civil War, Incumbent Vice President Alexander H. Stephens would defeat Secretary of War John C. Breckinridge.

President Jefferson Davis would be barred from running for a second term, as stated under the Constitution. Thus, the political landscape was divided into a Pro-Administration bloc, of which supported the President, and an Anti-Administration bloc, of which opposed Davis and what they considered his authoritarian policies. Both groups were fragile and loosely held together, though united in their equally favored goals. Inflation would run rampant in the years following the Confederate victory in the Civil War, leading to calls from Anti-Administration for a stabilization of the currency by establishing a Gold Standard, while those supportive of the administration continued the use of paper money.

Both blocs held nominating caucuses, in of which they chose their candidates. Vice President Stephens, a noted critic of the President and who had been excluded from his inner circle of advisors, was chosen as the Anti-Administration candidate, with former Mississippi Governor Henry S. Foote chosen as his running-mate, a man with a longtime personal hatred for Davis. The Pro-Administration bloc chose Secretary of War Breckinridge, the former Vice President of the United States, who following the war settled in Richmond, Virginia. Clement Claiborne Clay, a strong supporter of Davis' agenda, was chosen as the running-mate.

The campaign quickly devolved into brutal mudslinging between the two candidates, as the Pro-Administration bloc accused Stephens and Foote of disloyalty, owing to their past stances as strong Unionists. Meanwhile, Stephens supporters criticized Breckinridge as a puppet of Davis, and accusing the President of turning into a tyrannical despot, who planned on ending the rights' of the states as promised in the constitution. The end results were incredibly close, with Stephens carrying six states; Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Louisiana while Breckinridge would carry; Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Virginia. In the popular vote, the two candidates were separated by a mere 596 votes, with Stephens eking out a slim victory.
I'd like to see more! Did Breckinridge really grow a mustache during the ACW IOTL?

I just learned that chatgpt can spit out code for a wikibox if you are too lazy to do so, I made it create an alternate wikibox for a surviving weimar republic. I'm not sure if AI content is allowed so for brevity sake I will refrain from posting it unless told otherwise.
I'm sure that it's allowed as long that you clarify that's it's AI, so I'd say you ask in the Public forum.

View attachment 834993The 1867 Confederate States presidential election was the 2nd sexennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 5, 1867. In the first election following the end of the American Civil War, Incumbent Vice President Alexander H. Stephens would defeat Secretary of War John C. Breckinridge.

Hey, if you want to, please post more. I love a good CSA story 👍🏻

I would like to see more of this if possible.

The Council of Presidents
K3sL06q.jpg
I love this so much that I think I'm gonna try a similar format for my Utopia TL on my test thread. I do have a few questions though. Are there term limits for each president (how long can a president serve on the Council?)? Do each president have a separate title? How does their authority work since there's three of them (vetoes, executive orders, etc.)?

I love this so much that I think I'm gonna try a similar format for my Utopia TL on my test thread. I do have a few questions though. Are there term limits for each president (how long can a president serve on the Council?)? Do each president have a separate title? How does their authority work since there's three of them (vetoes, executive orders, etc.)?
I have yet to think much about how it would work. It was more a spur-of-the-moment, wanting to try something new.
I can tell you, they are limited to one six-year term (if the math I did was right)
To make the box, I used the List of troikas box and edited it.

I have yet to think much about how it would work. It was more a spur-of-the-moment, wanting to try something new.
I can tell you, they are limited to one six-year term (if the math I did was right)
To make the box, I used the List of troikas box and edited it.
I don't really know how to make wikiboxes so I'm just gonna stick with making a table in a post like I have with list of presidents so far. Though I was wondering if you know how to merge headers into a single box instead of multiple?