Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTEml8o.png

z1QtH6V.png

Annika Ambelina is basically everything Bob Page wasn't - young, female, personable and friendly, something other than deathly corpse white... and a powerful witch. She is one of the few 'spontaneously-manifesting thaumatrugists': when US AirWays Flight 775 suffer catastrophic engine failure and rolled over on the runway at Logan International in 2005, first responders found all the passengers, unharmed, stumbling around inside the wreckage. This accomplishment would have earned Ambelina fame and a career in protective magics all by itself, but when her boyfriend, John Smith, was revealed as the avatar of the enigmatic Spirit of Manifest Destiny, she rocketed to the top of everyone's list, and has stayed there. She was an absolute shoo-in for Grand Thaumaturgist, accusations of pandering to the Obama administration notwithstanding in the slightest.

Her tenure has thus far been brief, but she has already overseen revolutionary advances in reconnecting magic with modern technological achievements (followers of her official Twitter account have been proven to suffer 74% fewer accidental deaths than average), and has sparked a re-ignition of youth interest in thaumaturgy itself, promising a bright, sparkling future for America.

And... done! Hah! I was certain I wasn't going to finish this, and I'm glad to have proven myself wrong. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Enjoyed that, thanks George.

LTGvTjY.png

An ASB UK 2019 Election infobox inspired by The Future Of Britain, an election game I'm running in Shared Worlds. Britain might be doomed after this...

Well, as I said, I kind of got up to the present, which is all I intended to do. I guess I could think about some prequel boxes. Or maybe I could just turn this into a running commentary on life with a new election posted every couple of weeks.

Maybe a little from each? Like the first elections plus the formation of new parties?

An ASB UK 2019 Election infobox inspired by The Future Of Britain, an election game I'm running in Shared Worlds. Britain might be doomed after this...

Assuming I've added this up right the seat totals you've got add up to 624. Even when you add the 18 NI seats it only comes up to 642... (8 missing.)

Last edited:
Are you sure that's Tim Farron? Looks like John Simm to me. :p

That's the joke. Farron is the Master of the Liberal Democrats. ;)

There's nothing to worry about. Boris is in charge.

You clearly haven't read I Am A Legend, then...

That sounds more like there's everything to worry about.

Exactly.

Assuming I've added this up right the seat totals you've got add up to 624. Even when you add the 18 NI seats it only comes up to 642... (8 missing.)

Those seats were for minor parties not big enough to include in the wikibox.

You clearly haven't read I Am A Legend, then...

Oh, I have. That's the timeline that made me want to see Prime Minister Boris Johnson! Although I am doubting how likely it will be in our timeline since Cameron won the election which definitely hurts Boris's position. If he takes over after Cameron, he's going to be taking over an administration suffering from Tory fatigue as well.

Well, as I said, I kind of got up to the present, which is all I intended to do. I guess I could think about some prequel boxes. Or maybe I could just turn this into a running commentary on life with a new election posted every couple of weeks.

Could you add election maps next time? :D

Well me and Gonzo discussed it and we are no longer going to be posting out little TL series here. Sorry guys...

Instead we're giving it a full thread, right here.

Gotcha didn't I? :p

Teshuvah

Banned
Thank you all for the compliments.

Ah, but the Money people are a key interest group within the Rational Thought Party. They prefer peddling their influence that way instead of as an irrelevant splinter group. As for the Sloth Party, there probably is one, but they're too lazy to campaign. :D

What a coincidence, I was just working on one! Don't worry, this isn't going to be a long series, just these 2, since it brings us up to the present state of my - I mean, of David's life.

The tenure of Prime Minister Heart was unfortunately very unsuccessful. Despite two solid weeks of wooing, pestering, and possibly even harassing, the United States of David was no closer to an alliance with Barbara than it had been before. There were calls from the opposition to abandon the pursuit, but what ultimately brought down the government was when Penis made the decision to withdraw from the coalition citing "a difference of vision." Evidently the Lust Party had given up on Barbara and concluded that their interests would be better served by pursuing an alliance with Maria[1], a new neighbor of Colombian extraction. The Emotional Party continued to cling to hope of an alliance with Barbara despite its lack of success, but when Brain and Penis formed an unlikely partnership for a vote-of-no-confidence, Heart was forced to call an election.

In the ensuing campaign, the Rational Thought Party largely campaigned on a platform of finishing David's Master's Thesis. After all, it was due in two days and it was badly in need of a rewrite. The Lust Party argued that the Thesis was "probably good enough" and instead favored immediate engagement with the new neighbor before one of the losers down the street gets their paws on her. The Emotional Party, seeing their poll numbers dropping fast, proposed a moderate course: temporarily tabling the alliance negotiations with Barbara in order to concentrate all efforts on the Thesis, but returning to the pursuit of Barbara at a later date. The Hunger Party looks nervously at the Thesis and comes to some conclusions: bad thesis--->bad job--->low income--->Ramen every night for the foreseeable future. They therefore offer their full-throated support of the Rational Thought Party's proposal. In addition to the four returning parties, the new Dental Hygiene Party is formed. This is another single-issue party like the Hunger Party. It notes that it has been 14 months since the last dental appointment and criticizes the mainstream parties for "continually kicking the can down the road" in favor of addressing more immediate work and school obligations.

The election results returned the Rational Thought Party to power with a majority government, but the big surprise came from the 2nd and 3rd parties. The Emotional Party underwent a collapse of catastrophic proportions, with the Lust Party emerging as the second largest party in the Assembly. The Hunger Party's get-out-the-vote effort succeeded in it gaining a seat, and the new Dental Hygiene Party won two seats, both in the jaw region.

In his inaugural speech, Prime Minister Brain took a conciliatory tone, stating that he had been humbled by his time out of power and announcing that under his new government, he intended to address the concerns raised by all parties during the campaign. While the Thesis was obviously his main priority, he would also schedule a dental appointment at the first convenient opportunity and explore various avenues for the possibility of a foreign alliance. However, much to the chagrin of Penis, he ruled out the possibility of negotiations with Maria, citing the language barrier as an obstacle. He went on to note that Veronica[1], the front desk girl at work, had certain admirable qualities which has led some commentators to believe that Brain may be considering opening alliance negotiations with her instead.

[1] As before, name changed.
And lo and behold, four years later, AYC discovered the greatest post ever made in either of his Wikipedia infobox threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.