Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a guess at the parties:
DPN: Demokratisches Partei Nord-Dakotas
SDP: Sozialdemokratisches Partei
BBN: Bäuerliches (something) Partei
EPN: Evangelisches Partei Nord-Dakotas
UPN: Unabhängiges Partei Nord-Dakotas (no idea, from the brown I'm guessing it's vaguely right-wing)
LDP: Liberaldemokratisches Partei

DPN: Deutsches Partei Nord-Dakotas (politics used to be divided on language lines, like in Russian Finland)
SDP: Correct
BBN: Bauernbund Nord-Dakotas
EPN: Englisches Partei Nord-Dakotas (have bled most of their support to the BBN and SDP now that bilingualism is accepted)
UPN: Ureinwohnerpartei Nord-Dakotas (native interest group - routinely win one district in the north-central parts of the state, but otherwise fairly unimportant)
LDP: Correct (they're completely irrelevant because of FPTP)

Two things should be pointed out regarding the box:
- Seat notations aren't shown because I didn't find a satisfactory way of showing them - I tried editing the hemicycle pie chart that usually comes along with the bar graph, but my German apparently isn't good enough to let me find the help page for that.
- North Dakota isn't entirely German-speaking - indeed, English was seen as the more refined language to use until about the 1970s. It's somewhat akin to the Quebec situation.

Wait does that say Fred Rogers is in next Grand Thaumaturgist of the US? As in Mr. Rogers Fred Rogers?

I'm torn. On the one hand, that would be awesome.

OTOH, there is a trend recently of Grand Thaumaturgists' careers (and lives) ending poorly, and it woul be awful if something untoward were to similarly befall Mr. Rogers.

The records of the debates and balloting of the Grand Convocation that recommended Lamont Cranston to President Roosevelt stretch on for almost a hundred pages. The transcript of the debate on Angleton is sealed in an obsidian chest at the bottom of Lake Michigan until 2075. The inquiry into Sam Castor was recently republished as a four-volume hardback set that could break a man's arm.

The record for May 5, 1993, reads simply:

"Fred McFeely Rogers, Abujurationist of the First Rank, was recommended to President Clinton by overwhelming acclimation."

There is no need here to recount the many contributions of Fred Rogers to our modern lives. We are all familiar with his long-running children's television show where he introduces children to the world, magic and mundane, in a clear, calming manner. We have all seen his expeditions into the Land of Make-Believe, that realm of the fantastic. We have all heard the saying "You're not being the wizard Mister Rogers knows you could be."

Perhaps the 1990s were not all a time of good feelings, peace, and well-being, but no one ever felt a lack of those things if Fred Rogers had anything to say about it. Even modern photographs of the man have that characteristic lack of definition and warmth of color, and nothing is ever going to change that.

He came into office under protest, but did his very best, and politely resigned once he felt his other work was suffering for it.

If only he could have stayed on.

DQc6zzh.png

Grand Thaumaturgist of the United States
1. John C. Calhoun 1863-1934
2. Lamont Cranston 1934-1944
3. Dick Tracy 1944-1950
4. Randy Stone 1950-1952
5. Don Herbert 1952-1965
6. James J. Angleton 1965-1974
7. Francis Raymond 1974-1981
8. Russell Nash 1981-1986
9. Sam Castor 1986
10. Payton Westlake 1986-1990
11. Sam Beckett 1990-1993

Do they ask evil wizards if they're being the wizards Mr. Rogers knows they can be? And Miss Frizzle as his deputy? The shennaingans those two got into. And oh lord, he's still making Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood? I don't care what happens now--it's a goddamn utopia.

But the next one? Motherfucking Grand Thaumaturgist Shiloh Ridley?

tumblr_mtebc5Vs751qdlh1io1_400.gif

BNS5pJG.jpg

It's time that I show the world the true extent of my powers...

Funny thing about this. I went to see Kingsman a while back (great, bloody fun), and as I was watching it, Gazelle (the bad guy's henchwoman) seemed really familiar to me, but I didn't quite know why. And I loved her character in the movie and she was my favorite. Recently, I realized that Gazelle was Sofia Boutella, and it made me sad, because if I hadn't always described Shiloh as deathly pale, I think she'd make a good Shiloh.

Funny thing about this. I went to see Kingsman a while back (great, bloody fun), and as I was watching it, Gazelle (the bad guy's henchwoman) seemed really familiar to me, but I didn't quite know why. And I loved her character in the movie and she was my favorite. Recently, I realized that Gazelle was Sofia Boutella, and it made me sad, because if I hadn't always described Shiloh as deathly pale, I think she'd make a good Shiloh.

There's always Photoshop... :p ;)

And who do you use for Shiloh right now in your TL?

ASBs possess the various party leaders and get them to implement a proportional representation system for the 2015 general election. To prevent things from getting too crazy, they set a minimum threshold of 1% of the vote in order to get representation in Parliament. Individual constituencies are abolished and the 650 seats are divided proportionally between any parties that meet the minimum. When the results roll in, 6 parties qualify for representation: the Conservatives, Labour, UKIP, the Liberal Democrats, the SNP, and the Greens. Obviously the two major parties have lost huge numbers of seats and nobody is anywhere near a majority. The election is a huge triumph for UKIP, as they become the third largest party. The Liberal Democrats' huge losses in popular vote percentage are offset by the change in electoral system and they basically stand pat. The SNP still gains, but not as big as they did in OTL with all of their votes concentrated in fewer constituencies. And of course, the Greens are happy as well. In the end, Cameron remains Prime Minister after forming a coalition with Farage's UKIP.

UK 2015 proportional.png

Status
Not open for further replies.