Alternate Planets, Suns, Stars, and Solar Systems Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Red Arturoist, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Tangle Well-Known Member

The Federalized Republic of Howard's Landing
    I imagine any and all of these could be effected by very slight differences in gravity's effect on Earth- a few misplaced coronal mass ejections, perhaps the drag of gravity on different continents over the years.

2. Christory Well-Known Member

Any of y'all remember this? Well I un-terrformed everything I could (and updated Triton's topography).

The only bits that remain terraformed are the asteroid cylinders and Jupiter's four large moons.

I look forward to seeing anything that can use this.

Edit: Removed terraformed (habiat-iformed?) asteroids, un-terrafromed Io and Europa

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 6:08 AM
  3. Coyote Knight Witch-King of the Apiary

Still needs work, butt at least the major landmasses are done. Now I just need more islands, need to finish cleaning up lines, and put in more rivers and lakes.

Attached Files:

Uralicker and Peppe like this.
  4. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

To Rise Into The Air And Float There

[​IMG]

This piece is pretty self-explanatory, so I don't really need a writeup. Hey look, Isaac's finally actually made visual content rather than weird gifs and nonsense. This is a part of my 'hard sci fi' world I've just recently crafted called 'A Garden of Stars', detailing Humanity's slow and gradual spread into the surrounding stellar neighbourhood. Though I'm leading with Lalande 21185 it will remain mysterious for the broad extent of this project, as I don't want to just splurge all the mysteries and world building in one go. There's a lot more to come!

The title is a silly little misapplication of a quote by Jerome Lalande, who the system is named after. "It is entirely impossible for man to rise into the air and float there. For this you would need wings of tremendous dimensions and they would have to be moved at three feet per second. Only a fool would expect such a thing to be realized." Very whimsical. ​