Alternate Planets, Suns, Stars, and Solar Systems Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by SaveAtlacamani, Feb 19, 2014.

1. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

This is Darlimo, A Dwarf planet with a teleporter thingy
    tothy7vx.png

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. Selvetrica Well-Known Member

I never thought I would describe a map as cute, but this is it!

Dorozhand, Deltax10, Tangle and 3 others like this.
  3. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

I can whip these up in 5 minutes. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a crap ton of them.

4. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

Alrighty then. Here is Carigula:
    tothy7vx.png
    Here is Mariola:
    tothy7vx.png
    Here is Arduello:
    tothy7vx.png
    Who wants more?
    The one that took me the longest was Carigula, and it only took like, 7 and a half minutes.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  5. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

I'll make more tomorrow. Posting limit is 3 a day right? I'm kinda new here so...

6. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Pretty much, though there's often varying levels of enforcement, to my knowledge. Like, there's a difference between posting a detailed multi-paragraph writing with four or five pictures than just spamming ten pictures.

Tangle likes this.
  7. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

I'm going to do this
    rivers.png

Christory, Miner, ST15RM and 5 others like this.
  8. Imperator Frank Tellurian Worldbuilder

The planets and moons of my solar system in Micro-WorldA scale (gas giants excluded due to large size). Planets names are in all-caps, moons are not. solarsystem2.png ,

9. HowAboutThisForAName Manservant to Melon the Mischievous Mog

Hey y'all, could I possibly have some help with this planet's biomes (and plate tectonics, if it's not too much difficulty)?

So it's tidally locked to its star, but the substellar point is in the ocean so it's formed a raging, warm tempest at its center rather than drying it out to inhospitable levels, which has allowed a stable climate to form beneath the thick cloud layer that circulates from this point. As such, any climate is going to be 'radial', with the very center of the main tempest (The fullest extent of the main tempest is delineated by the blue circle; the red dot is the center) acting as the planet's equator and the climates diverging from there.
    This leaves me with two primary problems: I made this map without thinking of tectonics, so I sort of have to retroactively assign them and so I'm unsure where mountains should be. And the central tempest is likely to befuddle the climates somewhat.

Advice? Assistance? I've had a go of it and I'll post that below this image, albeit in a spoiler tag.

Nazar - Copy - Copy.png

Nazar - Copy.png

10. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    I feel like it would make sense for the climates to get progressively warmer as you get to the center, with the areas on the edge of the ice fields largely being polar and or alpine tundra.

11. fasquardon Cosmonaut

As I understand it, with a large ocean like that, the ice cap would be MUCH smaller. Meaning most of the night side would be star lit oceans, rather than pack ice.

Oceans and atmospheres are good at spreading heat around.

fasquardon

Tangle likes this.
  12. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Question, is this thread geared specifically towards sci-fi related maps, or are more fantasy oriented maps allowed as well?

13. Fox-Fire I've jumped into the fire.

From what I’ve been able to see, there has been no attempt, overt or otherwise, to make this a Sci-Fi exclusive thread.

Etruscan-enthusiast35 likes this.
  14. Etruscan-enthusiast35 Human until proven guilty

Thank you.

15. Vlad von Carstein Chaotic Good, Worldbuilder

Would anyone here be willing to try to convert a donjon fractal map to Worlda? Like this one for instance: 282CEA27-B9C6-4554-A2F3-B101BCE05830.gif

16. Ivoshafen Just A Man From Gondor - Recovering from SATS

I love tidally locked settings, I have one of my own, I'll PM you any info I have tha may help

17. Christory Well-Known Member

After a lot of work, I have the closest thing we can have so far to a QBAM solar system excluding tiny, distant or completely uninhabitable objects.
    All credit goes to various creators on this thread
    Bottom row from left to right shows Mecruty, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto. Those aren't exact QBAM-sized but they're close enough
    [​IMG]

Etruscan-enthusiast35 likes this.