Alternate National Anthems

"Le Temps des Cerises" for a France that would've supported the German Commune, with maybe some lyrics changing if they win the war, reflecting that the blessed "time of cherries" is here and must be protected

I've sometimes amused myself with the thought of a TL in which
a) The German monarchy survives, and
b) Some butterfly results in My Country 'Tis of Thee being adopted as the US anthem.

Come the Olympics, we find the same tune getting played for three different countries.

It's unlikely to affect the Olympics, but it would be four countries - Liechtenstein's Oben am Jungen Rhein is another one that uses God Save the Queen. That could be increased to five if the Norwegians were to use the royal anthem as the national one.

It's unlikely to affect the Olympics, but it would be four countries - Liechtenstein's Oben am Jungen Rhein is another one that uses God Save the Queen. That could be increased to five if the Norwegians were to use the royal anthem as the national one.
Make it six if Switzerland were to keep "Rufst du, mein Vaterland" as its national anthem.

Well, just because it’s more interesting than the US or Canada, I’m not sure what I would replace the Trinidadian National Anthem (Forged from the love of liberty) with. I’ve always had a bit of a problem with the song, because it was the West Indies anthem. It isn’t really about Trinidad n Tobago, it could be the anthem of any Caribbean island country. But there isn’t really any alternative, all the other “patriotic” music is Calypso. And that’s not really something that can be used as an anthem.

The Maple Leaf Forever would work as an alternate national anthem for Canada. Though some of the more Anglo-centric lyrics would have to be changed

Himno de Riego for Spain? Despite being the anthem of the republic, the song was initially inspired by liberal monarchist elements. Maybe it could have been used as a national anthem while keeping the Marcha Real as the royal anthem, pretty much like the German Empire with Das Lied der Deutschen and Heil dir im Siegerkranz.

"Le Temps des Cerises" for a France that would've supported the German Commune, with maybe some lyrics changing if they win the war, reflecting that the blessed "time of cherries" is here and must be protected

Oh come on if the French National Anthem is going to change to anything it will be this ...

I still want "God Save the Queen!" as the UK national anthem. The version by The Sex Pistols, that is, not the dirge that we currently have.

Note: NTSFW due to extreme swearing! Look out for Uncle Albert at around the 3.20 mark.

Ming777

Monthly Donor
The Maple Leaf Forever would work as an alternate national anthem for Canada. Though some of the more Anglo-centric lyrics would have to be changed

I would love to see if adopted as the de facto "War Anthem" for Canada, as well as official subsititute for O Canada for if a Pipes and Drums band has to play the national anthem.

So, if we hear Maple Leaf Forever instead of O Canada we would know that someone has managed to piss off Canada to the point of going Vimy Ridge/Juno Beach on someone's ass