For some reason, I feel that monster movies and alternate history go so well together and have had come up with some ideas relating to them. Plus, since there are a few posts and threads (the ones about Gorgo and Nessie, for example) that have already discussed specific characters from this genre of film, I thought that I might as well start a thread that solely focuses on the genre itself. Got some ideas listed below, though I'm still brainstorming them and what kind of timelines each of these would make sense to exist in.

1. My most thought-out one yet, which I can elaborate more on another time. In an alternate timeline, a movie franchise like Toho's Godzilla is created by an American film studio.

2. A Japanese analogue to King Kong that resembles a giant macaque (which is native to Japan) instead of a giant gorilla.

3. Or simply King Kong (1933), but as an American-Confederate co-production.

Would like to hear other's ideas. In-universe photos with context are more than welcome, especially if they provide context on the timelines they're from.
Also, I'm sorry if I should've posted in the After 1900 discussion board instead of Books and Media.

Last edited:
These ideas (mainly the first one) all lead back to this post, which I was inspired by.