Alternate History Maps by Kasumigenx

We start with my earliest good map that I made

the_legacy_of_cyril_and_methodius_by_kasumigenx-d4yi3qs.jpg

The Legacy of Cyril and Methodius
Dragowitids , Cyril and Methodius
Dragovit, in 789, was forced to pledge loyalty to the Franks and surrender hostages. Among others, Dragovit was also forced to pay a tribute and accept the influence of Christian missionaries among his people, the missions became more successful that the son of Dragowit also named Dragowit converted to Christianity, he became known as Dragowit I or Dragowit the Great, Dragowit II conquered Pomerania and the lands north of Warta and West of Vistula in 820, he conquered the Polans in 825 which was ruled by the wicked Popiel and defeated Popiel in 830 after this he became known as the Duke of Veletia, Pomerania and Polans and established Gniezno as his capital, his Kingdom became known as the Kingdom of Pomerania because the Pomeranians were the dominant people in his domain but he styled himself as the Grand Duke of Veletians, Pomeranians and Polanians.
“Popiel is known as the ruler of the Polanians that killed his own brothers in order to rule, he died in the hands of Dragowit II.”
The Treaty of Verdun happened several generations after Charlemagne and divided his empire into three parts. When Charlemagne's grandson Louis the Pious died in 840, his oldest son Lothair I said that he ruled his younger brothers and their lands. But his brothers Louis the German and Charles the Bald won the Battle of Fontenay (841).
Each of the brothers already had one kingdom - Lothair in Italy, Louis the German in Bavaria, and Charles the Bald in Aquitaine.
Lothair got the central part of the empire - what later became the Low Countries, Lorraine, Alsace, Burgundy, Provence, and Italy.
Louis the German received East Francia. Louis became of all lands to the east of the Rhine river and to the north and east of Italy. This area became the Medieval Holy Roman Empire and parts of it later became modern Germany.
Charles the Bald received West Francia, which later became France, the Kingdom of Lothair started to disintegrate at his own reign.
Dragowit II died in 850, he was succeeded by his own son Raciborz, The Piasts on the meanwhile were chosen to rule Masovia instead, starting with Siemowit of Masovia, Raciborz married Judith of Lotharingia.
Charles the Bald allied with Raciborz, the King of Pomerania in 860.
Cyril and Methodius came to Great Moravia from the Byzantine Empire and in 862, both brothers, Cyril and Methodius began the work which gives them their historical importance. That year the Prince Rastislav of Great Moravia requested that the Emperor Michael III and the Patriarch Photius send missionaries to evangelize his Slavic subjects. His motives in doing so were probably more political than religious. Rastislav had become king with the support of the Frankish ruler Louis the German, but subsequently sought to assert his independence from the Franks, the letter from Rastislav to Michael III states clearly that Rastislav's people "had already rejected paganism and adhere to the Christian law.", in 863, the Glagolitic Alphabet was invented by Cyril and Methodius, Rastislav expelled the Frankish missionaries, Cyril and Methodius were invited to Rome by Pope Nicholas I and Raciborz accepted the followers of Cyril and Methodius in 870 to evangelize in their land in Pomerania and Rastislav defeated Svatopluk in 870 and later ejected the invading Magyars to the Balkans who were made as foederati of the Byzantine Empire, the Saxons were influenced by the followers of Cyril and Methodius, Masovia and Denmark also were influenced by the followers of Cyril and Methodius and were converted, The King of Denmark, Bagsecg was converted by the followers of Cyril and Methodius, the Great Moravia became known as the Kingdom of Slovakia at this point due to the Slovaks being the people living in the capital and the land surrounding the Capital of the Kingdom.
Glagolithic and Latin alphabet started to become popular in the Kingdom of Pomerania in 870, Glagolitic was used for secular matters while Latin alphabet and Glagolitic was used by the church.

My most popular map in deviant art

alternate_history_map___europe_by_kasumigenx-d5zkdku.png

-Lower Silesia north of Oder goes to Poland
-Poland gets Zaolzie
-Kaliningrad goes to Lithuania
-Sudetyland stays German
-Romania gets Timoc
-Bulgaria gets Macedonia and Pirot regions
-Independent Kaszubia
-West Belarus and parts of Poland goes to Lithuania
-Carinthia is given to Slovenia
-East Frisia goes to Netherlands