Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
Couldn't sleep, so I decided to do the reverse of the 2012-vs-2004 matchup and pit Mitt Romney against John Kerry.

The most boring election ever... (at least as far as the charisma of candidates is concerned)

I might have a try at the others people have suggested. One idea I had was to pit a modern third party candidate against main party candidates from when the population was much smaller, with no adjustment, just to illustrate how much the population has increased...

The most boring election ever... (at least as far as the charisma of candidates is concerned)

I might have a try at the others people have suggested. One idea I had was to pit a modern third party candidate against main party candidates from when the population was much smaller, with no adjustment, just to illustrate how much the population has increased...
Ralph Nader 2000 vs. TR 1904. :D

YES. Dear God, yes.
Here's a quick-do, Thande could do a more detailed job, but here's what the map looks like. TR landslide, but Nader does remarkably well in several TR states.

genusmap.php

Nader beats Roosevelt in Texas and South Carolina? That'd never happen in real life, but I suppose it's due to Solid South Syndrome keeping them away from Teddy more than Nader actually doing well in those states.

d32123

Banned
genusmap.php

1968 George Wallace 9,887,625 (OTL-HI and AK) 53.63% PV

1916 Charles Evan Hughes 8,548,728 46.37% PV

Using 2012 EV, Hughes beats Wallace 276-252.

Using 1968 EV, Hughes beats Wallace 331-197.

Using 1916 EV, Hughes beats Wallace 365-166.

Or Bush 88 vs. Obama 08
Oh, I like that one. :D

In the raw version, unsurprisingly, Obama '08 stomps Bush '88 in an FDR-esque landslide. Whatever, with a twenty-year gap that's to be expected.

With compensation for population growth, however... Obama still beats Bush, in a popular and electoral landslide slightly better than OTL's real 2008 election. Really, it's quite amazing how much turnout in 1988 sucked.

By the way, I used the 2000s electoral map for this. The population figures per state for 2008 and 1988 were from the US government census website.

OBAMA 2008 vs BUSH 1988 -- raw scores result (on left side)
Barack Obama / Joe Biden (Democratic) -- 470 EVs (58.71% PV)
George Bush / Dan Quayle (Republican) -- 68 EVs (41.29% PV)

OBAMA 2008 vs BUSH 1988 -- with population-growth compensation (on right side)
Barack Obama / Joe Biden (Democratic) -- 390 EVs (53.64% PV)
George Bush / Dan Quayle (Republican) -- 148 EVs (46.36% PV)

Obama 08 vs Bush 88 both.png

Status
Not open for further replies.