Alternate Coats of Arms

Are there people here on alternatehistory.com who are interested in heraldry?

Here is the blazon of the realm of Oregon in my Tory America ATL:
  • Shield: Argent, two wavy bars azure, issuant from the chief a demi-sun in splendor or.
  • Crest: Upon a helm or with a wreath or and vert a Saint Edward's crown surmounted by the American imperial crest (a double-headed bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) displayed proper and bearing lightning bolts or, crowned or.)
  • Supporters: Two grizzly bears (Ursus arctos horribilis) guardant proper and armed or.
  • Motto: Beneath the shield a scroll vert inscribed or "Luceat Lux Vestra."

I wonder if there's anybody good with Photoshop who can translate this blazon. :)

Here is the blazon of the Empire of North America (the Regal Eagle):

A bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) displayed proper with two heads and bearing lightning bolts in both talons or; mounted by two St. Edward's crowns on each head, both joined by a scroll azure inscribed or: A MARI USQUE AD MARE, all surmounted by the Imperial Crown of America.

Last edited:
The arms of Australia if ruled as part of Hungary:

australiahungary.PNG

The full achievement of arms of New England:
  • Shield: Argent, a cross gules, in the first quarter a pine tree (Pinus strobus) vert.
  • Supporters: Two lions guardant rampant or, armed and langued gules.
  • Crest: On a helm or a St. Edward's Crown, thereon an double-headed bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) displayed proper and crowned triply, with lightning in talons or.
  • Motto: Beneath the shield a scroll gules inscribed or "Pro aris et focis."

Are there people here on alternatehistory.com who are interested in heraldry?

Here is the blazon of the realm of Oregon in my Tory America ATL:
  • Shield: Argent, two wavy bars azure, issuant from the chief a demi-sun in splendor or.
  • Crest: Upon a helm or with a wreath or and vert a Saint Edward's crown surmounted by the American imperial crest (a double-headed bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) displayed proper and bearing lightning bolts or, crowned or.)
  • Supporters: Two grizzly bears (Ursus arctos horribilis) guardant proper and armed or.
  • Motto: Beneath the shield a scroll vert inscribed or "Luceat Lux Vestra."

I wonder if there's anybody good with Photoshop who can translate this blazon. :)

I know this is an old thread, and probably no one is paying attention to it, but I figured I'd try my hand at those blazons. Here's the first one:

Realm of Oregon.gif

The Anglo-Dutch Complete Achievement

What would be the coat of arms of the Royal House of the Anglo-Dutch Empire?

A shield supported dexter by a lion Or armed and langued Gules and sinister by unicorn Argent, armed, crined and unguled Or, gorged with a coronet Or composed of crosses patée and fleurs de lis a chain affixed thereto passing between the forelegs and reflexed over the back also Or, with a helm, royal crown, mantle and crest

ARMS: Parted Quarterly, in the first quarter, quarterly, in the first and fourth quarters Azure three fleur-de-lis Or, in the second and third quarter Gules three lions passant gardant in pale Or armed and langued Azure, in the second quarter Or a lion rampant Gules armed and langued Azure within a double tressure flory-counter-flory Gules, in the third quarter Azure a harp Or stringed Argent, in the fourth quarter Azure billy Or a lion with a coronet Or armed and langued Gules holding in his dexter paw a sword Argent hilted Or and in the sinister paw seven arrows Argent pointed and bound together Or. The monarch places this coat of arms on a mantle Gules lined with Ermine.

CREST: Upon the Royal helm the imperial crown Proper, thereon a lion statant gardant Or imperially crowned Proper.

MOTTO: On a scroll Argent "Dieu et mon Droit," Or.

anglo-dutch.png

A shield supported dexter by a lion Or armed and langued Gules and sinister by unicorn Argent, armed, crined and unguled Or, gorged with a coronet Or composed of crosses patée and fleurs de lis a chain affixed thereto passing between the forelegs and reflexed over the back also Or, with a helm, royal crown, mantle and crest

ARMS: Parted Quarterly, in the first quarter, quarterly, in the first and fourth quarters Azure three fleur-de-lis Or, in the second and third quarter Gules three lions passant gardant in pale Or armed and langued Azure, in the second quarter Or a lion rampant Gules armed and langued Azure within a double tressure flory-counter-flory Gules, in the third quarter Azure a harp Or stringed Argent, in the fourth quarter Azure billy Or a lion with a coronet Or armed and langued Gules holding in his dexter paw a sword Argent hilted Or and in the sinister paw seven arrows Argent pointed and bound together Or. The monarch places this coat of arms on a mantle Gules lined with Ermine.

CREST: Upon the Royal helm the imperial crown Proper, thereon a lion statant gardant Or imperially crowned Proper.

MOTTO: On a scroll Argent "Dieu et mon Droit," Or.
As they had given up Scotland for a period of time, why give them a place of honor on the shield?

As they had given up Scotland for a period of time, why give them a place of honor on the shield?

Scotland isn't in the place of honor, England is. Charges on a shield are more important the further to the left and up they are. I confess, I don't remember the details of the Anglo-Dutch TL, so how the charges are marshaled is based solely on what was easiest for me to create. This is probably the first version o the arms right after the union of the two kingdoms.

Last edited:
Here's the next one:

The full achievement of arms of New England:
  • Shield: Argent, a cross gules, in the first quarter a pine tree (Pinus strobus) vert.
  • Supporters: Two lions guardant rampant or, armed and langued gules.
  • Crest: On a helm or a St. Edward's Crown, thereon an double-headed bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) displayed proper and crowned triply, with lightning in talons or.
  • Motto: Beneath the shield a scroll gules inscribed or "Pro aris et focis."

vermont.gif

Scotland isn't in the place of honor, England is. Charges on a shield are more important the further to the left and up they are. I confess, I don't remember the details of the Anglo-Dutch TL, so how the charges are marshaled is based solely on what was easiest for me to create. This is probably the first version o the arms right after the union of the two kingdoms.
True, and the unicorn is always chained down. Perhaps another chain to symbolize it's retaking.