Alternate Billboard Number 1's

When Should We Make It 3 Weeks Per Post?

• Now

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 4 26.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Never

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...

*Ahem*

In a press interview with George Harrison and Ringo Starr, they atribute Paul's disastrous interview about the tour to his therapist giving him the wrong meds that day.

"Well we did the tour ourselves halfway through and we thought of having a break for a few nights... so we'd thought we'd have a laugh while doing so. So we hired look-alikes to do those few nights, just a few nights and then we'd be right back at it when we hit Boston. But Paul got all crazy and said we should do Revolution 9 the whole show, he insisted and we knew we would get critisism but he wouldn't stop, so we did it at some small arts center so it would atleast make sense a little. But then that whole fiasco happened and then... y'know" George Harrison MBE, 2000.

Paul later said in an interview:

"When I said that I couldn't do it anymore, that was the meds talking, just so you all know I'm NOT quitting or breaking up the Beatles, why did you think we took that break in the first place? it would have to take the rest of us to die to make the band end" Paul McCartney MBE, 2000.

The Beatles (The original members only since Julian was touring his own album and Jeff quit) did a small makeup tour in the spring of 2001, playing smaller, more intimate venues, akin to Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue tour, playing deep cuts from their albums.

SETLIST
The Night Before
Savoy Truffle
Bluebird
Miss O' Dell
Only You (And You Alone)
Think For Yourself
For You Blue (With Dhani Harrison Singing With George)
I'll Follow the Sun
Step Lightly
The Fool On the Hill
Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)
Hope Of Deliverance
Letting Go
I'm Happy Just to Dance With You
For No One
And I Love Her
Hey Bulldog (With Paul And George Alternating Lyrics)
When We Was Fab
King Of Broken Hearts
Beautiful Night

The tour was a critical success (them noting the heartfelt preformances) and a modest financial success. During the recording of their newest album, then titled Back to the Sunshine, the band recieved terrible news...

[ whatever ]

The lip-sync fiasco, Paul's angry rant, and the subsequent walk back by his friends and handlers, plus this new Internet thing with the 'memes': all of these help restart the ancient rumor that the real Paul is dead: which an entire generation of Millennials and Gen-Z had not yet heard much about.

[ "Dude! Did you know if you play 'Can You Take Me Back' backwards it has secret messages in it?" ]

Last edited:
September 23, 2000 - Soak up the Sun - Cheryl Crow
September 30, 2000 - Supernova - The Jam(Changed their name to Shock Factor shortly after due to a lawsuit. The band gained popularity by their lead singer dating Kate Buck.)

October 7, 2000 - The Next Episode - Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, and Nate Hale
October 14, 2000 - The Next Episode - Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, and Nate Hale

Last edited:
November 4, 2000 - "Superpop" - Madonna
[ unofficial anthem of Elizabeth Dole's presidential supporters, though Ms. Dole said she obviously rejects the notion on that women cannot be President, and her campaign does not use the song ]

November 25, 2000 - Kryptonite - Unlikely Candidates
December 2st, 2000 - I Hope You Dance - Lee Wormack

Last edited:
December 9, 2000 - Attack On All Fronts - Skyhawk(Rock band influenced by April Wine, Deep Purple and Crowded House)
December 15, 2000 - Without You - Aaron Wesley and Alanis Morisette

I've cancelled this thread due to losing interest in modern music. You can continue it if you want though.
give it a chance
1596487234096.png

I don't like pop and trap in general. The last time I heard a good song on the radio it was Summertime Sadness. Most of the next 20 years would just be fictional songs. And that's boring. I am planning on a supplementary thread with stuff like track listings and full chart results for artists like Quest and Young Guns. I plan on creating that thread in the next week.

I feel the same way. It's not a matter of not "giving it a chance": music simply doesn't resonate with you in the same way once you move on to other things in your life (for most people, at least). Everyone tends to favor the music they came to love from about age 12 to age 30 or so. Maybe you have to be of a certain age to fully appreciate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.