AHC: YUGE(r) Filipino diaspora

In OTL, there are more than 10 million Filipinos and their descendants living outside of the Philippines in multiple countries around the world. How can we increase this to 40-60 million people? Any pre-1900 POD is acceptable here and extra points to anyone who can plausibly explain how the Filipinos can have a larger demographic presence in Europe, Latin America and the Spanish colonies in Africa.

Deleted member 67076

Earlier independence combined with a better initial economy that eventually crashes. Has the country be rich, educated and populated enough to leave, but poor enough that people still want to leave.

The Philippines already has a very large diaspora relative to its home population. China and India with well over a billion people each, have 30-50 million diaspora populations compared to the Philippines 10 million and its 100 million population.

Have America use them as the primary source of Pacific labor and the sole Asians allowed into America. You could have a huge Pinoy coolie diaspora

Edit: Forgot to quote Mitchell on the proportion thing + grammar.

With this in mind I'm thinking that this goal might only be achievable by way of a very, very dark scenario for the Philippines:
Emigration on this scale rarely occurs out of love of travel alone.
Rather, Filipinos might be a bit more like the Irish of the Pacific.
What I mean is that for so great a proportion of the people to venture abroad, something must be seriously wrong in the Philippine islands themselves.

But I might have misunderstood the OP: Did you mean 40-60 million abroad besides the current numbers in the Philippines themselves?

Prevent the famines that occurred there during the spanish colonization, I think a Dutch Philippines would also be a better scenario..

Sorry, but I couldn't resist it, despite being a noob.

To think that only the drive to make large families made the diaspora so large is wrong.

The Philippines actually has light industry and basic infrastructure, and the considered model, if rebellious colony, since [insert scenario here] caused a wave of reforms across the colony, including the land reform. This increased wealth across the isles, and made the people confident in their investments. One could now easily educate their children, or afford other luxuries, and more people now had access to healthcare, with the help of Señor Rizal and his lifelong work which culminated in the United Doctors of the Philippines.

With the advent of the reactionary government in Madrid at 189x, [insert bad governor-general] [insert bad policies].

[insert bloodier Philippine Revolution]

The poverty caused by the war made them go to otger countries. Those who emigrated to countries in the Americas were used as coollie labourers, while the richer ones resided in the rich cities of Europe. They do bring one, often stereotyped, tradition from Philippines: having large families.

After slavery is repealed, if blacks leave their plantations permanently and aren't forced back, you could theoretically see the South import workers from Asia. As Filipinos are already Christian, the South would probably be okay about importing them as de facto indentured servants.