AHC/WI: The Soviet Union has a long-running, successful, female Head of State.

She can't be a mere figurehead, she has to be the one calling the shots. By long-running, I mean longer than six months or a year, on the scale of Nikita or even 'Joe Steel'. By successful, I mean leaving the USSR in a better state than when she found it (Stalin, for all the nastiness he did, left the Soviet Union protected by a mixture of vanquished-enemies-turned-buffer-zones and an ever-increasing stockpile of nuclear weapons).

With that sorted, what are the implications of the USSR at the fingertips of a woman? Would the West see it as proof that women are as capable of running a state as men, or would the idea of women in power be tinged too Red for their liking, for example?

Of course, possibilities and reactions will vary wildly depending on the era. A women alongside Roosevelt and Churchill will have a different experience than one alongside Reagan and Thatcher.

I think your best bet is to find a way of getting Molotov in power. His wife was a political figure too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polina_Zhemchuzhina

This could turn into a Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu situation (both were unrepetent Stalinists, even though Stalin himself greatly detested Mrs Molotov). Your problem is that to actually get the wife as head of state, you'll need to kill off Molotov earlier (in OTL he made it to 96), but not so early that Mrs Molotov isn't the logical successor for her husband.

OK... let's say Stalin dies some time in the 1930s. Molotov takes over, and rules until his own death in the early 1960s (that still gets Molotov to 70+). Polina takes over and rules to her own death in 1970.

Yuelang

Banned
Stalin have a sexy, politically savy daughter who end up having affair with Kennedy...

This is so wrong in many levels

Stalin have a sexy, politically savy daughter who end up having affair with Kennedy...

This is so wrong in many levels

KENNEDY: "It's no use. My missile isn't launching tonight."
SVETLANA: "Don't worry. I'll deal with this crisis."

A while later:

SVETLANA: "I see I've still got your launch codes."
KENNEDY: "So it is true. The Russians really can put a man in orbit!"

Last edited: