AHC: Unite the three major Abrahamic religions

As advertised. Unite the three major Abrahamic faiths (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) at any time between the death of Muhammad in 632 and the time where we can't use this forum anymore. Also, despite the world and a half of butterflies that such a massive change of history entails, what do you think would be some of the repercussions of a successful, widespread pan-Abrahamist faith?

Magical123

Banned
Not possible in the absolute slightest.

John 14:6 I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me.

There is no salvation outside of Islam-medieval Islamic saying

Judaism believes the Jews are God's chosen people and no other.

Jews consider Jesus a false prophet, Muslims consider Him a great prophet.

Christians feel Jewish laws and doctrine are no longer in vogue having been fulfilled by Jesus sacrifice and that Muhummad is a false prophet.

Muslims consider Jews and Christians to be "People of the Book".

They have very different ideas about the nature of God, salvation, eternal life and perdition, Angels and large amounts of just about every other religious subject.

It Isn't Possible.

Deleted member 97083

It would be like this but for religions:

pIq43zo.png

Hmm, maybe:
Eliminate Paulus.
With Christians / Nazarenes being one Jewish group among others (Saducees, Pharisees, Essenes, John-the-Baptist`s-followers etc. being others), they would still be "united" under one umbrella.
I don`t know how to avoid butterflying Islam given this, though. You could have some Arabian religious reformer create yet another offshoot that`d also consider itself a branch of Judaism. If you`re satisfied with that, that may be achievable.

Other than that... With Christianity being Roman state religion etc. and Islam having emerged with its Caliphate, it´s all so distinct and political that, as @Achaemenid Rome has pointed out, any syncretist attempt would only result in the creation of a new sect, but wouldn`t be able to absorb everyone. Not even by far.

Didn't Akbar try something like that?

He did! It was Din-i Ilahi, and it never really caught on.

And there are more than 3, especially if you are counting lots of the later Christian branches that many consider heretical as entirely separate (Although I do consider them a part of the Christian tradition).

Isn't that Baha'i? Unfortunately, it seems pretty unlikely that it would replace Judaism, Christianity, and Islam within the span of two centuries.

The doctrine of the three religions are exclusive. Muslims view the Trinity as nearly polytheistic and view Christ as only a prophet and not divine. Christians aren't going to give up Christ's divinity. Jews don't even view Jesus as a prophet. The three religions can't be united without one of them essentially supplanting the other two or without some new strain of Abrahamic faith replacing all three.

Magical123

Banned
The doctrine of the three religions are exclusive. Muslims view the Trinity as nearly polytheistic and view Christ as only a prophet and not divine. Christians aren't going to give up Christ's divinity. Jews don't even view Jesus as a prophet. The three religions can't be united without one of them essentially supplanting the other two or without some new strain of Abrahamic faith replacing all three.
You know I think it today's largely secular western world we forget just how much religion and theology mattered in centuries past, people spent hours upon hours upon years debating various points people today would consider either a waste of time or arcane.

Or to put it in more simple terms theology is the art and science of knowing and understanding God, understanding God is key to knowing what God expects and thinks, knowing what God expects and thinks is crucial to being able to meet him one day.

Deleted member 97083

Perhaps if Nineteen Eighty-Four happened, persisted for decades, and all the religious books were suppressed to the extent that not one person on Earth had a Bible or a Torah or a Quran, then maybe the Abrahamic faiths could be united.

Wallet

Banned
Have another enemy to unite the 3 religions. Maybe a much more successful Mongol/Pan Asian army that is hell bent on killing all people in Europe and Middle East. Just as they are about to take either Rome or Jerusalem, a joint Christan, Muslim, and Jewish army repel the invasion. Maybe some general has some vision that says God wants all his children to protect the holy city.

The war is long but builds unity when the Pope and Caliph meet, and declare peace and rights for all

G-D comes down and tells everyone to knock it off.
Puts on a display so power cannot be denied.
You all got it completely wrong. This is the new book to follow.

oh wait. even if that happened plenty of people wouldn't buy it