AHC: The Habsburg Monarchy gets a Third Crown

It has often been said that if Austria had established a trialist government (preferably with the Czechs) the Empire would have been more stable. Your challenge is, make this a reality. I have some ideas, but I want to see what you fine lads come up with:)

Bosnia comes to mind,there were too many Germans in Bohemia and they were part of the Austrian crown for centuries.Maybe in Galicia?

Theoretically there was third crown once. In 1836 Ferdinand V was crowned as last king of Bohemia. He was crowned as king of Hungary in 1830 and become Austrian Imperor in 1835.

Bosnia comes to mind,there were too many Germans in Bohemia and they were part of the Austrian crown for centuries.Maybe in Galicia?

The Germans formed the majority in what later be termed the Sudetenland, and there were enclaves elsewhere, but the Czechs formed a compact core. They were the most highly politicized non - German, non - Magyar element in the Monarchy. The Habsburgs would have had an easy time of things had they made some kind of arrangement with the Old Czechs

Theoretically there was third crown once. In 1836 Ferdinand V was crowned as last king of Bohemia. He was crowned as king of Hungary in 1830 and become Austrian Imperor in 1835.

I'm talking about a real division of political power, not simply the symbolic act itself.

Potentially some Slavic entity, or maybe Ukraine after a WWI victory

Categorically, Vienna would never consider annexing the Ukraine for a number of reasons - the most important being that it would completely destroy the delicate political balance in the Monarchy - this was the reason that the question of annexing Serbia caused such anxiety in some quarters.

Categorically, Vienna would never consider annexing the Ukraine for a number of reasons - the most important being that it would completely destroy the delicate political balance in the Monarchy - this was the reason that the question of annexing Serbia caused such anxiety in some quarters.

Instead they were going to seperate the Poles from the Ruthenians on East Galicia. Anyways, how about the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars led to more executed monarchs, leaning to Austria inherinitng Tuscany and other lands from the cadet branches of the Hapsburgs?

Instead they were going to seperate the Poles from the Ruthenians on East Galicia. Anyways, how about the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars led to more executed monarchs, leaning to Austria inherinitng Tuscany and other lands from the cadet branches of the Hapsburgs?
Why not put the Poles in an expanded Duchy of Krakow which is separated from Galicia.

Elaborate.

I mean a Grand Duchy of Krakow which has all polish parts of Galicia separated from Galicia, they should merge it with Austrian Silesia and make Galicia and Krakow autonomous inside the Austrian Empire and elevate Ukrainian Galicia as a Kingdom.

I mean a Grand Duchy of Krakow which has all polish parts of Galicia separated from Galicia, they should merge it with Austrian Silesia and make Galicia and Krakow autonomous inside the Austrian Empire and elevate Ukrainian Galicia as a Kingdom.

Silesia had many Germans and was extremely valuable real estate. Maybe instead gi back earlier she the Austrian Empire had even more of Poland.

What if Austria-Hungary takes sides with the Ottomans in 1877 and acquires the Congress Poland from Russia. Later it can be merged with Galicia and Bukovina to create the new Kingdom of Poland.