AHC: Save MyNetworkTV

Background information:
MyNetworkTV is a sort-of television network in the United States, originally created as a result of a hissy fit by Fox. When the networks UPN and The WB merged to form the new network The CW in 2006, the individual TV stations who would become affiliated with The CW were almost all chosen from former UPN and WB affiliates. One in each area would become an affiliate of The CW (generally the stronger-performing one) while the other would be cut loose. But because of a deal with Tribune Broadcasting (part-owners of The WB, who weren't going to become part-owners of The CW), the individual TV stations owned by Tribune always got first shot at becoming their areas' CW affiliates. This pissed off Fox, as they owned a bunch of stations affiliated with UPN and none of them got to be affiliated with The CW because of that deal. So Fox decided they'd use their ex-UPN stations to make their own new network with blackjack and hookers, and MyNetworkTV was born.
So MyNetworkTV had a novel idea for their primetime programming: English-language adaptations of popular Spanish-language telenovelas (i.e. soap operas). It failed, basically because English-speaking audiences thought the programs were ridiculous while Spanish-speaking audiences thought the programs were inferior to the originals. MyNetworkTV then sort of entered into a downward spiral, and they haven't broadcast an original program since 2010 when WWE Smackdown finally left them for the cable channel Syfy. Since then MyNetworkTV has effectively become just a two-hour block of syndicated shows that originated on other, better networks. (Although recently they somehow managed to snag the rights to first free-to-air broadcast of The Walking Dead.)

So, the challenge: make it so that MyNetworkTV doesn't fare miserably when it starts off, and make it into a successful sixth network for American free-to-air television.

One thing I would do is give the network a different name.

I agree, "MyNetworkTV" is a terrible name -- it's worse than "The CW".

(If I remember correctly, The CW was named pretty much in the same manner Poochie was named in The Simpsons -- the boss Leslie Moonves said something in an interview like "We'll call the network something that indicates the merger, like 'The CW' or something, only better than that." And then everyone at CBS and Warner was like "So, 'The CW' okay with everybody? Yeah." Now I think about it, I suspect MyNetworkTV was named in the same way.)

Maybe have it so they don't put all of their eggs into the telenovela basket? Like Fox, MyNetworkTV only has two hours available to schedule their prime time shows. When the network debuted, it debuted with exactly two shows airing from Monday to Saturday. I imagine it was a cheap way to fill the schedule, but if audiences don't end up reacting well to them (as in OTL), there are no other shows for them to watch instead.

Perhaps have only one hour per night devoted to a telenovela? What they could do in that situation is develop comedies, dramas, and reality shows that could lead off each night and lead into the telenovela on the schedule. It would basically look something like this:

Monday to Saturday

8:00 - Mix of dramas, sitcoms, and reality over the course of the week
9:00 - A telenovela

This way, if the telenovela idea ends up completely bombing, you still have other types of shows to fall back on. The 8:00 shows that viewers would be more used to watching in prime time could also end up helping the telenovela in terms of viewership.