AHC: Personal Union between Britain and Russia

You my have to look at something different what about canute the Great North sea Empire?
I have some doubts, the Ruriks of Russia were relatively quick to abandon their Scandinavian customs to adopt the Slavic ones (or well, their sons adopted the culture of their generally Slavic mothers and surroundings).
But, if Cnut the Great manages to expand into Sweden or his kingdom stays together after his death, with a successor expanding into Sweden, there are likely more ties between this North Sea Empire / Anglo-Scandinavian Empire and Russia.

Maybe because it did not allow him to do what he wanted (not only the divorce thing, but take propiety and money from the church).
The foreign policy of changing religion is also kinda complicated I suppose, you cut ties with Rome and most your neighbours either way.

I have some doubts, the Ruriks of Russia were relatively quick to abandon their Scandinavian customs to adopt the Slavic ones (or well, their sons adopted the culture of their generally Slavic mothers and surroundings).
But, if Cnut the Great manages to expand into Sweden or his kingdom stays together after his death, with a successor expanding into Sweden, there are likely more ties between this North Sea Empire / Anglo-Scandinavian Empire and Russia.
The dynasty would spend centuries trying to maintain and hold the kingdom its size would alter drastically over the centuries.

Lets not for get the Mongol empire my see the Eastern territories lost for a time

It would be a very interesting proposition