AHC: Make Prussia a republic in the 19th century

Is that possible or ASB? Maybe have a successful '48 revolution. Although a lot of these democrats supported a constitutional monarchy and not an actual republic except Friedrich Hecker et al.

Or maybe the constitutional crisis of 1862 escalates and Wilhelm abdicates? But then Friedrich, his son, would have become king, so maybe we prevent Wilhelm having a son? But then I guess one of his nephews or brothers id est another Hohenzollern would have become king?

Maybe Austria winning in 1866 and the prussian king has to abdicate due to internal pressure?
Or Napoleon III wins in 71 and Prussia then becomes a republic due to the same reasons?

Is that possible or ASB? Maybe have a successful '48 revolution. Although a lot of these democrats supported a constitutional monarchy and not an actual republic except Friedrich Hecker et al.

Or maybe the constitutional crisis of 1862 escalates and Wilhelm abdicates? But then Friedrich, his son, would have become king, so maybe we prevent Wilhelm having a son? But then I guess one of his nephews or brothers id est another Hohenzollern would have become king?

Maybe Austria winning in 1866 and the prussian king has to abdicate due to internal pressure?
Or Napoleon III wins in 71 and Prussia then becomes a republic due to the same reasons?
I would say Napoleonic wars are the best shot

One thing which springs to mind is that perhaps the Hohenzollerns are temporarily deposed by Napoleon. This would have a knock-on effect of potentially weakening their hold, so if ensuing 1848 revolutions are potent enough, and they lose the Rhineland or generally just refuse to compromise, we could potentially see the king fully rendered constitutional. Then one good kick-in, like a loss against Austria or even just a series of bad decisions, and the king is out