AHC: Make it so that the 17th century is the most popular past era in modern pop culture instead of the Middle Ages

That the age of the piracy is the only thing people tend to associate with the 17th Century (even though the Golden Age of Piracy what with Blackbeard and so on was actually in the 18th Century) is a clear sign of just how strong a hold the aesthetic of the medieval era has on pop period settings. Then again, a lot of 17th tropes are more commonly associated with the medieval era and vice versa. Someone already mentioned that witch trials were a bigger thing in the 1600's than the 1300's despite people associating witches with medieval superstition, and the most elaborate and impressive suits of armor you'll ever see are from the 1500/1600's, as suits of armor were worn up into the English Civil War, after which it became a thing monarchs and lords wore when having their portrait taken.
The Golden Age of Piracy started in the 1650s and ended in the 1720s, with some of the most famour pirates like Henry Morgan, Daniel Montbars or William Kidd and their exploits like the sacking of Maracaibo, Portobello and Panama City or the siege of Cartagena all falling well within the 17th century, which was also the heyday of their dens, Tortuga and Port Royal.

Well, PNWKing can correct me if I'm wrong, but he said "seen" as closer to the Middle Ages, meaning he was talking about popular perceptions.

IOW historically untutored audiences are drawn to the Tudors because they see them as having Medieval qualities, hence the popular Tudor-mania is an example of interest in the Medieval era.
This, when people think Tudors, the one that tends to come to mind most often is Henry VIII who is associated with jousts, court intrigue, etc, stuff that generally has medieval connotations. Elizabeth is of course the other super-famous Tudor but I feel like she's not as often associated with the name Tudor and her reign marked the a liminal period between two eras.
Hmm. I'm trying to envision a festival based around a Puritan colony. Almost seems like a contradiction in terms. I believe the revellers who converge upon Salem on Halloween generally behave in a manner meant to emulate the witches, not the persecutors.

Nothing against the idea, if someone can make it work.
We could always try to bring back Pope Night, but I can see how some people might find that particular New England tradition to be offensive. That said, historical recreations of the era are common enough around here as its more relevant than a recreation of any quasi-medieval setting. I think I've even been to some colonial-themed fairs set up by my school a long time ago. In any case, even in the case of Colonial New England there's more going on that just Salem Village panicking over witches, as the post I quote below notes the trials were contemporary with several big-time pirates and whatnot, much of their activity being around the American colonies including New England.
The Golden Age of Piracy started in the 1650s and ended in the 1720s, with some of the most famour pirates like Henry Morgan, Daniel Montbars or William Kidd and their exploits like the sacking of Maracaibo, Portobello and Panama City or the siege of Cartagena all falling well within the 17th century, which was also the heyday of their dens, Tortuga and Port Royal.
Yes, I had forgotten that the era of Blackbeard and Calico Jack wasn't the height of the Age of Piracy but rather towards its end.