AHC Latin Imperialism...Imperialismo.

Have as many Latin American nations practice imperialism outside of Latin America as possible. Chile's Easter Island doesn't count just because...not sure about the Falkland...erm...Malvinas Islands....

It doesn't have to be anything big like a Brazilian Congo. It could be as simple as Chile getting a few more Pacific Islands.

Are we talking about a colonial empire? Actually Chile did have their own colonies starting from the Chilean takeover of the Strait of Magellan in 1843, the colonies founded there were too far away and disconected from Santiago. Other colonies were founded in Aysen and Chiloe. Today those regions are fully integrated into the country and they don't count as colonies anymore. Chile also have other islands in the Pacific such as Juan Fernandez Islands, Desventuradas Islands, Salas y Gomez Islands and Eastern Island of course. Also Chile does have actual colonies in Antarctica. So if we're talking about the possession of colonies, Chile had their own "colonial empire" and even today they have colonies in Antarctica

Easter Islands are Chilean, the Galapagos is Ecuadorian and before the Antarctic Treaty Argentina claimed something like one quarter of entire Antarctica.

A Brazil that ended up the permanent home of a Portuguese government-in-exile could hold onto some or all of Portugal's colonies--ditto for Mexico or Peru or wherever and a Spanish government-in-exile. A stronger Latin American power on the Pacific could snag various islands in that ocean in the same ways (and for the same reasons) that the US did OTL--indeed, a *US that was settled by Spain or France or Portugal rather than Britain would be in a good position to do so. Alternately, you could see Latin American countries acquiring possessions within the Americas that speak English or Dutch or some other non-Romantic language--if languages are distributed similarly to OTL, that means various islands in the Caribbean, or perhaps shenanigans in the Germanic Guianas like Venezuela managing to enforce its claims over Guyana somehow.

When I think about it, I actually have an ASB scenario of this sort of Latin American imperialism happens. Mexico goes on to interfere in the affairs of an Alt-US, and also goes on to take over Hawaii, and even opens up Japan. Meanwhile, alt-Colombia, Peru, and Chile go on to really expand their reach over the Pacific.

Have as many Latin American nations practice imperialism outside of Latin America as possible. Chile's Easter Island doesn't count just because...not sure about the Falkland...erm...Malvinas Islands....

It doesn't have to be anything big like a Brazilian Congo. It could be as simple as Chile getting a few more Pacific Islands.
The only nations that I can really think that are capable of doing this is either Brazil or Mexico. Mexico was briefly an Empire two times. The first was under Augustin d’Iturbide and Maximilian I von Habsburg brother of Emperor Franz Joseph. Had either of these states been successful, it’s likely that they could have a shot at Imperialism. But the best bet for me is the Empire of Brazil.

For Brazil the Pod is where King Joao VI refuses the liberal Portuguese revolutionaries’s demands for a Constitutional Monarchy and Brazil being made back into a colony. This results in him staying in Brazil which is unlikely. This would allow him to keep the Portuguese Army and navy loyal to him.

A better pod is if say Emperor Pedro I actually listens to his tutors and is educated properly to be a decent ruler and administrator. This alternate Pedro, might be charismatic enough to sway the Portuguese troops and navy on his his side after proving himself a capable administrator. If Portagul is declared a Republic, Brazil would be free of it and the colonial governments not recognizing the Republic, swears fealty to Emperor Pedro I. Perhaps a Carlist Spain invaded Portugal making the Braganczas unable to retake the country. The Imperial family still maintains their title as King of Portugal and the Algavre.

Brazil under the leadership of a competent administrator, and charismatic military man, now overhauls Brazil making reforms. Perhaps he lays the groundwork for the abolition of slavery, and when a coup is plotted, he ruthlessly crushes it. Brazil here would be very wealthy and highly developed without the instability after the Empire was overthrown. It would likely be a Constitutionally Absolute Monarchy with Pedro being influenced by his more conservative educators allowing him to fuse his more liberal ideas with that of a traditional monarchy. This Brazil can likely take chunks of Africa as a Great power as its colonies.

In 1800, the Spanish monarchy flees to the Viceroyalty of New Spain due to unrest in Europe, establishing a seat of power in Mexico city. This blocks American expansion into the West, and hosts the Spanish monarchy similar to what occurred in Brazil. They stay there up until the end of the Napoleonic wars, connecting the country with infrastructure projects and unifying it together. In 1835, the citizens of New Spain rise up and declare Independence, forming the Federación Americana, the American Federation, a large nation stretching from Costa Rica to Nootka, and from Louisiana all the way to the Philippines. Colombia, Peru and La Plata also declare independance at the time. In the next few years, the nation becomes a major world power, with a massive industry and military.