AHC: Japanese democratic party staying in power

Could DPJ stay in power after their not so great showing during their administration and the fukushima disaster? Could they manage to win the 2012/13 general election? POD is no earlier than June 2011.

Secondary question: How likely it is that DPJ would stay publicly pro nuclear albeit with reservationS stressing need for reform, security overhaul, etc. And who would be good candidate to head such DPJ? And how would taking such course affect them?

I'd like to post but I may need some background facts on recent history of the LDP/DPJ situation in the Diet, thanks. :p My knowledge on Japanese political history only extends to the 70s.

I'd like to post but I may need some background facts on recent history of the LDP/DPJ situation in the Diet, thanks. :p My knowledge on Japanese political history only extends to the 70s.

I'd likewise like to assist you but my entire knowledge of japanese politics comes from a wiki binge (which is not exactly reliable) and some bits from forum discussions on AH and SB. :eek: Thats why I am asking.

I'd likewise like to assist you but my entire knowledge of japanese politics comes from a wiki binge (which is not exactly reliable) and some bits from forum discussions on AH and SB. :eek: Thats why I am asking.

PMing mcdo or Count Valerian may get you better results.