AHC: Incan Takeover of Cuzco

Maybe if they manage to get more of the natives on their side, they might have enough numbers to throw out the Spanish and what remaining native allies they have out of Cuzco.

Apparently it was a close thing. Looking at the siege of Cuzco article in Wiki, it was vicious, desperate, and the Spanish could well have been beaten. Suppose for example that they fail to take the fortress of Sacsaywamán. (I've been there and it is still amazing). Then the Spanish garrison is probably doomed, the Incas take Cuzco and massacre all Spanish and allies but still will have to defeat the reinforcements coming from Chile (Almagro). What happens next?

Admiral Matt

Gone Fishin'
I always thought it'd help if Spain had already been embroiled in a general war. Some of the forces in Peru might have been on the coast, giving the neo-Inca a better chance in the highlands. Then, if they secure their position, the enemies of Spain would be sorely tempted to descend on Lima in support.

The problem is that many people in the Empire are dying from the diseases.

THIS

Plus the fact that there are two very good reasons for the Spaniards to return: gold and silver.

In the late 1600s, the ancestors of the Navajo and Hopi rebelled and ran Spain out their all but worthless corner of New Mexico for nearly a decade. Spain still came back and reimposed it's control despite the fact that the missions there never came close to breaking even.

If Spain made that effort to control the dusty pueblos of the Southwest, imagine what sort of an effort they'll make to regain the treasure house of the Andes?

In the late 1600s, the ancestors of the Navajo and Hopi rebelled and ran Spain out their all but worthless corner of New Mexico for nearly a decade.

No, it was the Pueblo Indians who revolted. Attributing their big moment of triumph to their ancient enemies the Navajo is like, like, dunno, like complimenting the Red Army for their victory over the CSA in the Civil War.

In fact the Navajo and Hopi areas were never controlled by the Spaniards.

Your main point still stands, but I couldn't let this abomination pass.

No, it was the Pueblo Indians who revolted. Attributing their big moment of triumph to their ancient enemies the Navajo is like, like, dunno, like complimenting the Red Army for their victory over the CSA in the Civil War.

In fact the Navajo and Hopi areas were never controlled by the Spaniards.

Your main point still stands, but I couldn't let this abomination pass.

Mea culpa. :eek: