AHC- Have the Apaches win and get more favourable terms

mad orc

Banned
Basucally how can the Apaches have defeated the entire US military ?

Make them form their own independent nation.

Warning: ASB not allowed.

The Apaches are massively outnumbered. They could hold on for longer, but I cannot see them defeating the US in the long term.

At best, they might get better terms for a reservation.

On the other hand, if they are too strong, might the US press to crush them harder?

Best outcome is they become a huge nuisance and simply can't be brought to combat and be defeated. The struggle goes on and on with other tribes joining in. Finally the US Government agrees to huge concessions to end the mess. And in the end doesn't keep those promises...

Can't really be done without ASB. The best I can do is to engineer a completely collapse of the United States, to the point where even the successor states can't handle nomads.

Have the Apache be in Florida, the swamps there are the reason why the Seminoles won. The US did not get a truce with them until 1924 and a formal peace treaty in 1972. We are not good swamp fighters.

Have the Apache be in Florida, the swamps there are the reason why the Seminoles won. The US did not get a truce with them until 1924 and a formal peace treaty in 1972. We are not good swamp fighters.

The Seminoles were pushed into land that was unproductive and unwanted by the time of the Civil War. They didnt have even close to the numbers to ever contest American control of the state. That would also apply to the Apache because they just dont have the numbers to stop American control for long.

The Seminoles were pushed into land that was unproductive and unwanted by the time of the Civil War. They didnt have even close to the numbers to ever contest American control of the state. That would also apply to the Apache because they just dont have the numbers to stop American control for long.
I know, there was never any serious chance for what the op is asking to happen. I remember reading that once the Republic of Texas was once considering giving the Comanche their own territory in order to have peace. It was rejected because they realized that they have way more people than the Comanche.

I know, there was never any serious chance for what the op is asking to happen. I remember reading that once the Republic of Texas was once considering giving the Comanche their own territory in order to have peace. It was rejected because they realized that they have way more people than the Comanche.

I'm pretty sure that by the time the American Revolution there were more Americans living in the 13 Colonies than natives in the entire future US. I don't really see any way for any native people to maintain independence without basically being like Thailand in the 19th century not annexed because it is a good buffer between two powerful countries.

marathag

Banned
Basucally how can the Apaches have defeated the entire US military ?

Make them form their own independent nation.

Warning: ASB not allowed.

US Population in 1870 was 38 Million

All Native population was 300k, Apache, IIRC was around 15,000

US Army size was 37,000