AHC: Battle of Quiberon more successful

What it says on the tin. The invasion by the British-backed Chouans & Émigrés need not be successful; that is it can still be defeated and the republic maintained to meet the criteria of the challenge. I'm simply looking for a way to make the royalist threat greater. (with potential butterflies towards a left-moderate republican alliance in the Uprising of 13 Vendémiaire as opposed to OTL's mostly rightist republicans coming to power.)

I think the main ramification of a more sucessful invasion would be in Paris that October. The royalists would not raise rebellion until the royalist were closer to Paris and so the young Napoleon would not become famous for turning cannon on them.

I can see Napoleon's career being different, certainly less metioric.

I think the main ramification of a more sucessful invasion would be in Paris that October. The royalists would not raise rebellion until the royalist were closer to Paris and so the young Napoleon would not become famous for turning cannon on them.

I can see Napoleon's career being different, certainly less metioric.

Certainly yes, there will be massive butterflies on 13 Vendémiaire - the question is how to get there.