AHC: A Surviving, Stronger House of Luxembourg

What would Europe be like for the next few hundred years if the House of Luxembourg remained in power for longer than they did. Say Sigismund has an heir that survives into adulthood and manages to convince the electors to elect his heir.

What would Europe be like for the next few hundred years if the House of Luxembourg remained in power for longer than they did. Say Sigismund has an heir that survives into adulthood and manages to convince the electors to elect his heir.
What about something even better-Sigismund's younger brother John of Görlitz survives and also have at least one son? Thus Luxembourgs keeps also Brandenburg (as after death of Jobst Brandenburg likely goes to John) and John's son marries daughter of Jogaila (who happens to have no sons ITTL) so Luxembourgs get also Polish throne?

@woll: its like you read my mind. I was gonna post a WI yesterday about Johann of Görlitz's daughter being born male instead.

What about something even better-Sigismund's younger brother John of Görlitz survives and also have at least one son? Thus Luxembourgs keeps also Brandenburg (as after death of Jobst Brandenburg likely goes to John) and John's son marries daughter of Jogaila (who happens to have no sons ITTL) so Luxembourgs get also Polish throne?

Would Johann's son, married to a Polish heiress presumptive, be eligible to stand for imperial successor then? I imagine Poland wouldn't want their future king's husband to be elected since it would mean that Poland runs the risk of being incorporated into the empire. And they BARELY liked the union with Hungary during Lajos I's reign, what would make them feel better about their king being married to the future emperor?

And that's BEFORE we get to the Baby Jesus crying matter of the imperial succession.

@woll: its like you read my mind. I was gonna post a WI yesterday about Johann of Görlitz's daughter being born male instead.

Would Johann's son, married to a Polish heiress presumptive, be eligible to stand for imperial successor then? I imagine Poland wouldn't want their future king's husband to be elected since it would mean that Poland runs the risk of being incorporated into the empire. And they BARELY liked the union with Hungary during Lajos I's reign, what would make them feel better about their king being married to the future emperor?

And that's BEFORE we get to the Baby Jesus crying matter of the imperial succession.

There are two solutions for this:
-Sigismund has son too.
-Sigismund has only daughter like IOTL, but John has two sons, older one marries heiress of Bohemia and Hungary, younger one marries heiress of Poland

@krieger

krieger

Banned
There are two solutions for this:
-Sigismund has son too.
-Sigismund has only daughter like IOTL, but John has two sons, older one marries heiress of Bohemia and Hungary, younger one marries heiress of Poland

@krieger

I think that Poles wouldn't care if their ruler was an emperor or wasn't, after all emperorship didn't give you any lands specifically connected with being emperor.

I think that Poles wouldn't care if their ruler was an emperor or wasn't, after all emperorship didn't give you any lands specifically connected with being emperor.
Still, one son of John of Görlitz would not be able to marry two heiresses at once, two sons would solve that problem.

krieger

Banned
Still, one son of John of Görlitz would not be able to marry two heiresses at once, two sons would solve that problem.

Yeah, but I adressed the issue of Imperial-Polish union, but I think it'd be interesting if John's son had to fight against Albert & Elizabeth, it could lead to Luxembourg version of War of the Roses.

Yeah, but I adressed the issue of Imperial-Polish union, but I think it'd be interesting if John's son had to fight against Albert & Elizabeth, it could lead to Luxembourg version of War of the Roses.
John's son would be obvious first choice for Elizabeth's hand, I don't think Sigismund would ever mind Albert as son-in-law if there was male Luxembourg available for his daughter.

krieger

Banned
John's son would be obvious first choice for Elizabeth's hand, I don't think Sigismund would ever mind Albert as son-in-law if there was male Luxembourg available for his daughter.

Maybe if Sigismund didn't like him as a person, than he could choose Albert, in turn John's son would ally with Jogaila and so we have Wars of the Lions (Luxembourgs had lion in their sigil).