AH Navy ship drawings and designs

Yep. Of course, I should've stated that while the ships are mine, the artwork was done by the some person who did Alikchi's Bohol.

Seawolf is quite good.

It'll be interesting to see how your triples work out. If you can fix the bugs, you'll have a definite edge.

Fyrwulf

Banned
Seawolf is quite good.

It'll be interesting to see how your triples work out. If you can fix the bugs, you'll have a definite edge.

They're the same weapons as the 120mm triples on the Rio, so they're fairly well proven. No bugs to speak of, really.

Here's something I'm pretty proud of...

The British Thorneycroft 'R'-class destroyers were laid down 1915-1916 and served in the Great War. There were five: Radiant, Retriever, Rosalind, Taurus, and Teazer.

Patriot.jpg

HMS Taurus, 1917, in service with the Royal Navy.​

They were armed with three 4-inch guns and two twin 21" torpedo launchers, for a total of four tubes. Some light armament (pom-poms, MGs) was included, and varied from ship to ship. Max speed was ~35 knots.

After the war, they became somewhat superfluous in a Royal Navy already overloaded with war-type destroyers, and they were transferred to the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) in 1920. They kept their old names, only changing their designation to HMAS. Unfornately, Teazer was run aground and had to be scrapped.

The four remaining Thorneycrofts served the RAN well for the next decade, performing anti-piracy patrols and screening the RAN's capital units (Tiger and Australia at the time). But the RAN was beginning to ramp up domestic warship production itself, and had no need of the old warships. They were officially placed on the market in late 1930.

Australia found a buyer in the Armada de Filipinas, the Filipino Navy. The Philippines was a perfect environment for light warship warfare, and the AdF had recently begun converting three of its old Rabihorcado-class destroyers into destroyer minelayer/sweepers, capable of seeding the Philippines' many channels, inlets and constrained waters with powerful mines. The AdF saw the Thorneycroft Rs as perfect candidates for a similar conversion, being fast, with a long aft deck for storage. The AdF snapped them up, and conversion to minelayers began in mid-1932. The four ships were renamed:

PRS Págalo, ex-HMAS Radiant, laid down 1915, converted to DM 1932
PRS Gavión, ex-HMAS Retriever, laid down 1916, converted to DM 1932
PRS Charrán, ex-HMAS Rosalind, laid down 1915, converted to DM 1932
PRS Fumarel, ex-HMAS Taurus, laid down 1916, converted to DM 1932

The rebuild would consist of removing the old 4" weapons, installing a new bridge structure, adding a new twin 75mm dual-purpose gun forward, and replacing the torpedos with an 18" quad mount of Filipino design. An aft storage room was added for mines, as was minesweeping equipment. 35mm and 13.7mm anti-aircraft guns were dotted strategically throughout the ships.

pagaloax4.jpg

Págalo-class destroyer minelayer/sweeper, after conversion from destroyer in 1933.

Hapsburg

Banned
Central Galactic Navy Ludwig-class Sea Battleship.
cguseashippd9.png

Length: 120 meters
Armor: 1.2 meters of Titacrete
Shields: 1,000 SBD
Armament: 2 x Twin-Barrel 200mm Autocannons; 10 x Twin-Barrel 127mm Autocannons; 2 x Pop-Up 660mm Mortar Launchers; 40 x VLM Tubes; 20 x 20mm Point-Defense Quad-Autolasers.

It may seem odd for a spacefaring pan-galactic empire to have a sea navy, but think of this: during ground operations, control of the seas, and thus oceanic resources and movement routes has to be an important factor. The only way to maintain that control is by having a sea navy on CGU-controlled planets.

HelloLegend

Banned
Especially if you were stationed to Diego Garcia Naval Base.
100% Filipino Ca Ba Buy Ons running a base smaller than Catalina Island.

I'm in a ship-drawing-and-designing mood. Anyone want me to make something for them? An Italian carrier? A Mayan cruiser? A Slavic French battleship?! :p