AH.Com History Book Club

Yeah, i'll look at the Federalist Papers. Hell, we can look at the constitution as well whist we are at it as most versions of the FP have a copy of the constitution printed in the back of it.:D

Yeah, i'll look at the Federalist Papers. Hell, we can look at the constitution as well whist we are at it as most versions of the FP have a copy of the constitution printed in the back of it.:D

The Signet Classics version of the Federalist Papers does not, however the Anti-Federalist Debates on the other hand does (I also have this free little booklet I got in school with it too).

So we got 2 for FP, how many more should we wait to sign up for? 3, 5, 7+?

The Signet Classics version of the Federalist Papers does not, however the Anti-Federalist Debates on the other hand does (I also have this free little booklet I got in school with it too).

So we got 2 for FP, how many more should we wait to sign up for? 3, 5, 7+?

If someone else hosts the thread, I'd be game.

It's been nearly a week. Anyone else?

I would suggest going on and starting the thread;* I found most of the most loyal followers weren't early advocates, and vice versa.

*Also, if you do, could you title it "NFHBC: Federalist Papers"? I'd like to see if that acronym can catch on.

I would suggest going on and starting the thread;* I found most of the most loyal followers weren't early advocates, and vice versa.

*Also, if you do, could you title it "NFHBC: Federalist Papers"? I'd like to see if that acronym can catch on.

Alright, I'll do it tomorrow. Should we give them sequel titles? NFHBC II: Federalist Papers, NFHBC III: Theodore Rex (for example), and so on or just link them in the OP?

Alright, I'll do it tomorrow. Should we give them sequel titles? NFHBC II: Federalist Papers, NFHBC III: Theodore Rex (for example), and so on or just link them in the OP?

Nah, then it'd get complicated if we had more than one at a time; I'm just hoping the acronym gets the level of acceptance "WI", "PC", or "AHC" gets.

You want to read the Edmund Morris trilogy? Jesus, ambitious.

Well I already read the second two books (I started with Theodore Rex then Colonel Roosevelt because those were the orders I found the books in, well in hardcover at least). For stuff I really want to read (like Rise of Theodore Roosevelt) I'd do it at my own pace, but for stuff I want to have read (classics like the Federalist Papers) I need external motivation.

If I really wanted to be ambitious I'd do Rise of American Democracy (third done) or anything by Robert Cato (fuck it all of Robert Cato's Johnson books).

Well, the Federalist Papers BC didn't take, so then I read (most of) America's Constitution: A Biography by Akhil Reed Amar; now I've borrowed two books from the library:

The First World War, by John Keegan
The New Jim Crow, by Michelle Alexander

Anybody want to do a Book Club Thread for one of these? For that matter, would anyone like to do another NFHBC period?

*Remember, it doesn't even have to be something a lot of people here own, so long as most of us can likely find a copy at the local library.