After the oceans of eternity long term

So Nantucket builds its democratic(somewhat) sea based empire at the end of the ISOT series. William Walker's daughter moves into Central Asia with the implication that Nantucket's main nemesis throughout the series will be a land based in Eurasia.

The hope often remarked upon by the characters is that one day Nantucket will reach the level of technology had in the 20th century and more and will "reach the stars". Though it is acknowledged it will take a long time to reach these wishes?

So what does everyone think will happen after the end of the series. I'd think the surviving people of the 20th century need to record all their memories of before the ISOT as future generations won't be seeing such things for a long time.

Thoughts?

So Nantucket builds its democratic(somewhat) sea based empire at the end of the ISOT series. William Walker's daughter moves into Central Asia with the implication that Nantucket's main nemesis throughout the series will be a land based in Eurasia.

The hope often remarked upon by the characters is that one day Nantucket will reach the level of technology had in the 20th century and more and will "reach the stars". Though it is acknowledged it will take a long time to reach these wishes?

So what does everyone think will happen after the end of the series. I'd think the surviving people of the 20th century need to record all their memories of before the ISOT as future generations won't be seeing such things for a long time.

Thoughts?

(Reposting from other thread).

Babylon. The King is determined not to have his people be left behind, and his beloved wife is American. Not immediately, but long term I see them becoming a major challenger to Nantucket.

Especially as Nantucket isn't going to just keep on with development. They will start to rest on their laurels eventually...and others will catch up.