a Valkyrie Rises Over Europe, a Alternate Story of the Cold War

How are the following people doing:

Christoper Lee
Langston Huges
Sam Walton
Frederik Meijer

Lee: Probably acting.
Huges: Probably still writing, may be more involved in TTL's more heated Civil Rights situation; especially with MLK being dead already.
Walton: I have very interesting plans for him.
Meijer: Probably doing similar things to OTL.

Since we're asking, and it's broadly the "correct" time period, how's politics in Malaya? Are Malaya, Singapore and the Borneo states (and maybe even Brunei) in one big federation or is decolonisation proceeding along different paths? What's Indonesia up to?

Since we're asking, and it's broadly the "correct" time period, how's politics in Malaya? Are Malaya, Singapore and the Borneo states (and maybe even Brunei) in one big federation or is decolonisation proceeding along different paths? What's Indonesia up to?

Malaya? ah yes. The Peninsula itself (minus Singapore and two other states, which are still British colonies as of this point) is a Dominion of the British Crown known as the "Dominion of Malaya", the Bornean states and Brunei remain under British protection/colonial rule; so I guess I would say that decolonization is proceeding along different paths. Through Malaya/Malaysia may still take some form similar to OTL.

Indonesia is currently under a dictatorship ruled by Sukarno and supported by the US, but has it's eyes on Borneo, East Timor and the Papuan Islands.

MLK died?:eek::eek::eek:
I need to go back and read the updates again.

Yes he did, around Update 22 I think; during the Detroit Riots.

Maybe.........

Malaya? ah yes. The Peninsula itself (minus Singapore and two other states, which are still British colonies as of this point) is a Dominion of the British Crown known as the "Dominion of Malaya", the Bornean states and Brunei remain under British protection/colonial rule; so I guess I would say that decolonization is proceeding along different paths. Through Malaya/Malaysia may still take some form similar to OTL.

Indonesia is currently under a dictatorship ruled by Sukarno and supported by the US, but has it's eyes on Borneo, East Timor and the Papuan Islands.
With (presumably?) no or less support from the Soviets I hope Sukarno thinks twice before launching anything stupid. Did the Malayan Emergency occur ITTL or was it butterflied due to the collapse of Soviet power?

An Über-Malaysia which keeps Singapore and incorporates Brunei would be unstoppable! :D

With (presumably?) no or less support from the Soviets I hope Sukarno thinks twice before launching anything stupid. Did the Malayan Emergency occur ITTL or was it butterflied due to the collapse of Soviet power?

An Über-Malaysia which keeps Singapore and incorporates Brunei would be unstoppable! :D

The Soviets are in no position to really support anyone other then themselves, so it's safe to presume that they are not helping Sukarno, he does have US support through, and considering the alignment of Portugal he may be able to get away with grabbing East Timor from out under the nose of Lisbon; but we'll just have to wait and see what Sukarno and the Indonesians do I suppose.

As for the Malayan Emergency, that indeed did not occur ITTL, thanks to the fact that it was butterflied away due to the collapse of Soviet power and the dissipating influence of Communism in the world; through the Malayan Communist Party is still a fairly large political force within Malaysia itself.

Well it looks as if things are coming to a slow boil.

Indeed, it seems that they are.

Anyway, voting aside, you may all know that the 30th Update is coming up, and I would just like to announce that we have something special coming for it, what is coming you may ask?: stay tuned and find out. ;)

Interesting Timeline.
What happened to the protestant church in Germany?
Is there still the Confessing Church or are the German Christians dominant?
Are there plans for a nazi-version of the series "Raumpatroullie Orion"?

Interesting Timeline.
What happened to the protestant church in Germany?
Is there still the Confessing Church or are the German Christians dominant?
Are there plans for a nazi-version of the series "Raumpatroullie Orion"?

The Protestant Church is still around, Speer's government has continued the prior policy of leaving the Protestant and Catholic (and with the acquisition of the Eastern Territories, Orthodox) Churches more or less alone; through the government is still working to emphasize loyalty to the state as being more important over loyalty to family or religion.

The Confessing Church still exists as well, but it is growing weaker and weaker with each year as the Nazification of society continues; and will probably continue to grow weaker as time goes on.

As for the last question, probably; or at least something similar in concept.

Does it involve Kluas Hitler?

No it does not, through we will get back to young Mr. Hitler eventually.

And on that note..........

tumblr_maxa9bqQgq1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Physical representation of the readers attempting to break into Kaiser K's writing den to see the work done on the next update

The next official chapter to the timeline will probably arrive sometime on or before Sunday, February 8th, 2015, through the arrival date may vary, and the reason why it may vary will be revealed soon enough; once it is actually done of course. ;)

I've also started working on Chapter 31 in addition, so you should expect that to arrive relatively soon after 30 as well.

AlbertTalkingLarge.gif

Albert Speer: "I can't wait!"

-Chocolate GIF-
Physical representation of the readers attempting to break into Kaiser K's writing den to see the work done on the next update

Lucky for me I don't have to rely on such crude methods as using chocolate hungary soldiers to get into the writing den. I just push this button and... that was the wrong button...
url-12.gif

Alright, new plan. I'll wait for the update and in the meantime figure out how to get the Tardis to stop.​

Question if I may though, the recent assasination on Beria and the attempt on Stassen has me wondering, has there been any attempts on the life of Speer that have gotten close to killing him?​

Question if I may though, the recent assasination on Beria and the attempt on Stassen has me wondering, has there been any attempts on the life of Speer that have gotten close to killing him?​

Fortunately for our good friend Albert, he hasn't inspired anywhere near the same amount of vitriol among the people of Europe that caused so many to attempt to off the Austrian Corporal, nonetheless, several have attempted to off the Architect turned Statesmen, and the only one that got even remotely close to pulling off the deed was an attempt by a French woman during a diplomatic visit conducted by Speer to Paris in 1956, the woman got face to face with Speer and was in perfect range to lodge a bullet directly in his brain or heart, but the gun misfired when she pulled the trigger; and she would be then be arrested and later thrown in a concentration camp by the Gestapo.

I may go slightly more in depth in regards to the various attempts on Speer's life later on, but I think this answer shall suffice for now; until I decide to do so or not do so.

Fortunately for our good friend Albert, he hasn't inspired anywhere near the same amount of vitriol among the people of Europe that caused so many to attempt to off the Austrian Corporal, nonetheless, several have attempted to off the Architect turned Statesmen, and the only one that got even remotely close to pulling off the deed was an attempt by a French woman during a diplomatic visit conducted by Speer to Paris in 1956, the woman got face to face with Speer and was in perfect range to lodge a bullet directly in his brain or heart, but the gun misfired when she pulled the trigger; and she would be then be arrested and later thrown in a concentration camp by the Gestapo.

I may go slightly more in depth in regards to the various attempts on Speer's life later on, but I think this answer shall suffice for now; until I decide to do so or not do so.

So he's also inherited the no assassination hack:p Well I'm content for the moment.

And on that note..........

tumblr_maxa9bqQgq1qg39ewo1_500.gif

This is only making me hungry for chocolate and the next update. Mostly for chocolate.

Here's what I will predict will happen by the end of the 1960's/beginning of the 1970's:

Germany beats America to the moon; eventually the two compete for lunar colonies, and ITTL Space Race is much cooler than ours

Soviet Union is Balkanized and carved up by Germany, Central Asia, and China

China betrays the West and turncoats to the Fascists; US forms an alliance with India, Korea, and Japan as a result

Arabia Peninsula and Free France are taken over by the UAR; as a result, Free French are forced to flee to Quebec, and the oil shock is much worse in the US

Balbo begins to open up Italy to the West; Spain and Portugal may join if fascism collapses in their countries

Germany takes advantage of the Civil Rights Movement and sells arms to hate groups and attempts to convince a few Southern governors to restart the Confederacy

In conclusion, the 1960's ITTL will be as turbulent as OTL 60's and as depressing as OTL 70's