A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France

He's very grateful for your good wishes! And you'll just have to wait and see!

Thank you! I've already written the full war and am now hashing out the details of the peace treaty...
Please don't make us wait too long for the resolution. I sort of know how this is all going to pan out, and I can hardly wait to see what happens!

Well this war will get interesting.... I can see the French doing well in Flanders and Italy, but Navarre, due to its proximity to Spain may be tough...

True love.

Or familial business needs...
Probably a bit of both, I'd say. The boy was a gardener's son from Lyon who became a "silk folder" (I've never quite understood what it was) and the girl was born in Aix-en-Provence, the daughter of a prosecutor and a noblewoman. My theory's that the boy went to Aix on a business trip, met the girl and then the two fell in love, eloped to Lyon where they had their first child and married not long after. I wish I could have seen the faces her parents pulled when they found out what happened.

Last edited:
Three front war? Francis is definitely confident, I do wonder how they’ll handle Spain’s army
Well, it is Francis. He wouldn't be himself if he wasn't confident. 😉

As for how they handle things, we'll get most of that in dispatches a la Lewis's description of Beruna in LWW. Saves me having to write battles when I can't write them 😉

Last edited:
We have Turtledoves! If any of you would like to pop over to the Nomination thread and nominate 'Queen Twice Over' for consideration in the Early Modern Category, it would be much appreciated! I'll pay you in virtual tea and biscuits of your choice! ❤

We have Turtledoves! If any of you would like to pop over to the Nomination thread and nominate 'Queen Twice Over' for consideration in the Early Modern Category, it would be much appreciated! I'll pay you in virtual tea and biscuits of your choice! ❤
Turtledove?

Right, so that's tea and biscuits for @King of Danes and @The_Most_Happy for nominating and seconding this TL for a Turtledove. What kind of tea and what kind of biscuits? I have milk and sugar in the cupboard if you need them, although my lemons appear to have gone off, I'm afraid.