A NEW TREATY OF VIENNA-A NEW WORLD: France partioned

Rockingham

Banned
That would have the Dutch trashed to then, would they join the little alliance of Spain and Britain
I plan to have dutch allied with Sweden-Norway and Denmark in North sea alliance. Didn't I mention it? They wouldn't want to be allied with britain, beacause britain will intervene if dutch are attacked wwhether or not their allied(they hold rhine river opening and are a ideal site to launch an attack on britain), whilst being allied to britain might mean being trampled in some continental war.

Rockingham

Banned
Depends on the circumstances of both the German Confederation as a whole, along with the aims of Prussia itself. If you intend for Prussia to remain the authoritarian state it is, I'd say they'd be ready to unify German around the OTL time period (1860's or 1870's), although the process may be somewhat complicated by a marginally stronger Austria. However, if Prussia embraces a certain liberalism, the potential for German unification could present itself at an earlier time, depending on how fast the tinge of nationalism spreads across the continent (which might be slowed with the Balkanization of France and relatively weak British influence on the continent).
the prussians have more power as well though, expanded rhineland has many more coal mines and the like. The weaker liberal influence on the continent means more reactionary states, which might actually speed up and strengthen liberal thought(if not in countries, in hearts and minds).
Also, I plan for france to be eventually reunified by prussia in the midst of some war(1830s/40s or , but under prussian monarch and as prussian puppet. This might stimulate unionism in germany, and serve as a precedent.
As for a 'Latin Commonwealth,' unless the states of South and Central America are regarded as equal partners to Spain and allowed to maintain the autonomy they had gained during the Peninsular Wars, it's doubtful that they would wish to cooperate with Madrid.
The liberal government in spain(it might take charge of stimulatin liberalism along with britain and Tyrennia(sardinia)who will be allied)would make those concessions sot that it could focus on improving life for its people. It would make them, however, supply some of their own armies, and in general pay for themselves, while still giving an annual percentage of their income to spain and provide an open market for spain in return for that autonomy. Spain would also gradually try to install puppet governments so it could indirectly control them. And not all of them would get autonomy(cuba, puerto rico, texas, yucatan, argentina and chile south of pataganoia, most islands rould remain colonies for spanish settlement). Slavery would gradually be fazed out(under pressure from britain), but replaced by forced labour for (very:() low wages that is effectively slavery(like pacific islanders in australia were forced to)

Rockingham

Banned
The navy would be a plus - except it depends on the state of the ships. With the larger countries taking units first only old second or third rate would be available - more to pay for.
First troops would have to be sent and rotated, which demands ships, warships and transports. Then administration set up. And then in years time the fruits will be reaped.
I still don't agree with you. OTL Denmark didn't want to participate in the occupation of France 1815 but was told to do so. Because of the bankruptcy. Then there was regression as everybody collected duties on goods transported wrecking Denmarks cereals export to Britain. This lasted til late in the 1820'ies.
You can't just say: be happy! And expect everything to make out according to plan.
U forget, all frances finances are partitioned as well(apart from tiny amounts which go to the free remainder rump states). This would be more then sufficient to fund it. Pluss the new wealth from carib. islands

Im thinking naval partition would be less organized... the numbers each country would get is set, but the quality of ships would be a first come first served affair... while where on that topic, where might i find a list of the size of frances navy at this point in time?

Rockingham

Banned
so, are there any other ideas in regards to the timeline? critiques, thoughts?
does the timeline have potential or is it rubbish? should I go on with it?:)

Rockingham

Banned
Um, why would Britain exchange Jamaica for Portuguese India?
portugal guarantees it some rights in its other colonies,and britain has ambitions of being the only european power in india in TTL,frustrated by remaining dutch possesion

Maybe not too likely, but stranger things have happened

portugal guarantees it some rights in its other colonies,and britain has ambitions of being the only european power in india in TTL,frustrated by remaining dutch possesion

Maybe not too likely, but stranger things have happened

But Jamaica was the "Jewel of the Caribbean". Its more likely that they'd either:
  1. leave them be for the moment
  2. try to purchase them
  3. either let Portugal
    1. keep French Guiana, or
    2. have some concessions in Africa

Rockingham

Banned
But Jamaica was the "Jewel of the Caribbean". Its more likely that they'd either:
  1. leave them be for the moment
  2. try to purchase them
  3. either let Portugal
    1. keep French Guiana, or
    2. have some concessions in Africa
slavery had ended though...
how about bahamas or belize then?
im determined to let portugal gain some carib territory

Rockingham

Banned
New and improved map of Europe post-vienna
I Put in greenland and iceland, minor border changes, fixed some unclear
regions
attachment.php

alternate vienna treaty-EUROPE-1918.PNG

One small nitpick. I don't see Spain invading Haiti. It has been independant since 1804. No longer french territory. Santo Domingo yes. Haitians would fight tooth and nail to stay free. Too much of a headache for Spain. Same factors that led to french defeat, well led guerillas, tropical climate and yellow fever.

Rockingham

Banned
One small nitpick. I don't see Spain invading Haiti. It has been independant since 1804. No longer french territory. Santo Domingo yes. Haitians would fight tooth and nail to stay free. Too much of a headache for Spain. Same factors that led to french defeat, well led guerillas, tropical climate and yellow fever.
would establishing "protectorate" (maybe just defacto) during one of the haitians numerous civil wars work? Picking thestronger side of course:D

slavery had ended though...
how about bahamas or belize then?
im determined to let portugal gain some carib territory
The Portuguese had (claimed) Caribbean territory before (Barbados), but they left it unsettled since they had Brazil. Why would they want anything in the Caribbean again?

The natural areas of expansion for Portugal at that time were in South America (padding up Brazil) and Africa (mostly around OTL Angola and Mozambique).

I think Britain might (just might) press the Dutch to give them the rest of Timor, but that's about it.

Rockingham

Banned
The Portuguese had (claimed) Caribbean territory before (Barbados), but they left it unsettled since they had Brazil. Why would they want anything in the Caribbean again?

The natural areas of expansion for Portugal at that time were in South America (padding up Brazil) and Africa (mostly around OTL Angola and Mozambique).

I think Britain might (just might) press the Dutch to give them the rest of Timor, but that's about it.
your right, my mistake
so the portuguese get the rest of timor and south guyana, and in return dutch are given claim to boer states in south africa

Last edited: