A New Coat of Arms Thread

I did this a while back but forgot to post. The arms of the United Kingdom of Scotland and Ireland:
View attachment 215459
The first field is obviously the Kingdom of Scots/Scotland, while the second is the Kingdom of Ireland, founded by Edward Bruce in Robert Bruce's name.

I still think the Irish arms should be in full Irish colours - gold on blue

Oh yes, I have.
Ah no other help I can provide if none there nor on a general image search :eek:

I still think the Irish arms should be in full Irish colours - gold on blue

As far as I can tell, those weren't firmly established as the Irish colours at this point. There may to have been a lean towards them, but definite attribution post-dates this Kingdom's founding.

r9zt.jpg

This is a new Coat-of-Arms for the same nation I have on Facebook Nations. It goes by a different name now (the nation, that is) but I wanted to keep the winged animal symbol, only this time going with the bald eagle.

rjwu.jpg

The same Coat-of-Arms without the flags

I would like to request some coat of arms.

• The Crowned Baratheon stag and the Targaryen Dragon Combatant
  • Stannis' Flaming Stag and a flaming Tyrell rose combatant
  • House Baratheon of King Landing's (Crowned Stag and Lannister Lion combatant) quartered by the Stark Direwolf

I would like to request some coat of arms.

• The Crowned Baratheon stag and the Targaryen Dragon Combatant
  • Stannis' Flaming Stag and a flaming Tyrell rose combatant
  • House Baratheon of King Landing's (Crowned Stag and Lannister Lion combatant) quartered by the Stark Direwolf

There is no such thing as a Rose combatant, but sure I can probably do that. You'd have to wait for the weekend though. You want crests to go with that?

Idea for an HRE in which the Austrian Hapsburgs managed to get a dynastic union with Prussia in the 18th century, eventually uniting the whole Empire into a federal monarchy. The eagle is crowned with the crows for the King of the Romans and the King of Bohemia, and, since the Emperor is also King of Prussia and of Bohemia, the shield consists of the arms of Austria defaced with the arms of those two kingdoms.

Imperium Sacrum Romanum Nationis Germanicae.png

The divisional insignia of SS-Division Löwe, led by Nazi sympathizer William Joyce. Most of those who joined Löwe were British expatriates who were living in Germany when the war broke out or POW's captured by the Wehrmacht during the Battle of France.

SSDivisionCromwell.png

In 1941, Eoin O'Duffy and his followers formed SS-Division Éire. At its peak, Éire had over 7,000 troops. It was an eclectic group, comprised of Fascists from Eoin O'Duffy's National Corporate Party and its paramilitary wing (the National Guard), along with run-of-the-mill anti-communists and fundamentalist Catholics. Éire's performance on the battlefield was lackluster, as the majority of O'Duffy's troops were accustomed to street brawls with the IRA as opposed to actual combat. O'Duffy died of natural causes several days after being captured by the NKVD outside of Riga.

While Ireland wanted to remain neutral, the Allies used the existence of SS-Division Éire as an excuse to apply pressure onto the Irish Government. The Irish Government proscribed the National Corporate Party, but did little to enforce the ban. The pro-Axis sentiments of Douglas Hyde and Éamon de Valera resulted in the Allies applying more pressure on the Emerald Isle. In 1943, Éamon de Valera agreed to step down as leader of Fianna Fáil in favor of a close friend and ally, Seán Lemass. Seán Lemass and Fianna Fáil won a comfortable majority in the Irish General Elections of 1943. Shortly after the election, the aging Hyde handed the Presidency over to Seán T. O'Kelly...

SS-DivisionEire.png

Last edited:
Following the capture of Eoin O'Duffy by the NKVD, the remnants of SS-Division Éire were reorganized into a pair of new formations - SS-Division Saint Patrick and SS-Division Gael. Led by Gearóid Ó Cuinneagáin, the vast majority of SS-Division Gael ended up perishing at the hands of the Red Army during the Battle of Berlin. SS-Division Saint Patrick, on the other hand, primarily fought on the Western Front. After the catastrophic Axis defeat at the Battle of the Bulge, the surviving members of Saint Patrick spent the remainder of the war in Allied custody.

From 1943 onwards, the Irish Government began to take a decidedly pro-Allied stance. After the success of Operation Overlord, Seán Lemass agreed to look into sending a small contingent of Irish troops to mainland Europe. Intense lobbying on the part of pro-Ireland groups in the United States, combined with news of German brutality in Warsaw was enough to get Lemass the support he needed to declare war on Germany. On October 3rd, 1944, Ireland declared war on Germany. The Irish Government agreed to send the 2nd Division to Europe, under the condition that it would be placed under American (as opposed to British) control. The Allies agreed, and the 2nd Division was joined with Patton's Third Army just in time to participate in the invasion of Germany.

SS-DivisionSaintPatrick.png

Last edited:
Following the capture of Eoin O'Duffy by the NKVD, the remnants of SS-Division Éire were reorganized into a pair of new formations - SS-Division Saint Patrick and SS-Division Gael. Led by Gearóid Ó Cuinneagáin, the vast majority of SS-Division Gael ended up perishing at the hands of the Red Army during the Battle of Berlin. SS-Division Saint Patrick, on the other hand, primarily fought on the Western Front. After the catastrophic Axis defeat at the Battle of the Bulge, the surviving members of Saint Patrick spent the remainder of the war in Allied custody.

From 1943 onwards, the Irish Government began to take a decidedly pro-Allied stance. After the success of Operation Overlord, Seán Lemass agreed to look into sending a small contingent of Irish troops to mainland Europe. Intense lobbying on the part of pro-Ireland groups in the United States, combined with news of German brutality in Warsaw was enough to get Lemass the support he needed to declare war on Germany. On October 3rd, 1944, Ireland declared war on Germany. The Irish Government agreed to send the 2nd Division to Europe, under the condition that it would be placed under American (as opposed to British) control. The Allies agreed, and the 2nd Division was joined with Patton's Third Army just in time to participate in the invasion of Germany.

Intriguing. Any chance of a full timeline?