A micro AH for Penn State grads and Nittany Lion boosters

WE ARE PENN STATE!

Now that I got that out of the way....

If you know the campus, you know that Beaver Stadium and the accompanying parking areas, suitable for tailgating, are located at the east end of the campus, east of Shields Building, the East Halls dorms, and so forth.

But I found out that until 1959, the original location of Beaver Stadium was much closer to the center of campus, where Kern Building is now. So, very close to Rec Hall, the Nittany Lion Inn, the Nittany Lion Shrine (the lion statue), and the West Halls dorms.

So: what if the location of Beaver Stadium were flipped, and instead of building it at the east end, they took out the golf course (putting that on the east end instead) and built Beaver Stadium at the west end of campus, west of Atherton Street? It would have been very close to the train/bus station and still within easy walking distance of the rest of the campus, without losing the immediate proximity to the Nittany Lion Inn and the lion statue.

The downtown bars, of course, are equidistant in any case, but I maintain they'd still be easier to reach from the Atherton Street location. So would the fraternity houses.

Any takers? (And please, if you have nothing to say but snide comments about the you-know-what scandal, post them elsewhere.)

Of course, if they play the way they did yesterday in the Outback Bowl, it doesn't matter where the stadium is.....☹️