A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thande said:
I would point out that certain political elements were saying that in 1906 (and indeed 1806 :rolleyes: ) and will probably still be confidently saying it in 2106 :D

The nation state has more staying power than people realise.

In 1906, the anarchists (back then actually scary bomb-throwing bastards, not sad hippies) and others, yeah, but I don't think that was done in 1806 - the nation state was still pretty young back then, yes?

Thande

Donor
NFR said:
I don't think that was done in 1806 - the nation state was still pretty young back then, yes?

I know Napoleon said something to that effect (albeit in exile in the late 1810s) and I suspect the radical revolutionaries of the late 1790s probably went even further.

Hendryk

Banned
Inspired by, and intended to be used in, NFR's TL about two coexisting Chinese dynasties, here's a map showing the Ming and Qing circa 1700:

The Qing empire is in yellow;
The Qing's client states are in purple;
The Ming empire is in red;
The Ming's client states are in orange.

Ming and Qing 4.GIF

A map for a TL I'm currently working on (Is not yet complete, still have to do borders, etcetera). See if you can guess the countries and political entities.

floidatlna.png

Hendryk said:
Inspired by, and intended to be used in, NFR's TL about two coexisting Chinese dynasties, here's a map showing the Ming and Qing circa 1700:

The Qing empire is in yellow;
The Qing's client states are in purple;
The Ming empire is in red;
The Ming's client states are in orange.
How viable would Ming be there? (I'd expect it would need to be bigger)

Since these are popular at the moment.....

The year is 2112. With a POD No earlier than 1988, how do we get there?

2112.PNG

Here's an update, still got some work to do. I'm not sure whether to include California, Texas and Neuva Espana. Sorry it's in JPEG format, but I had to convert it so it would be small enough.

floidatlna3 copy.jpg

Working on a map now with a possible TL in the future though can't think of a decent flag for Canton...
Dragons are too Imperial, the flower is too OTL and the blue ensign is too Hong Kong...

Thande

Donor
Wendell said:

Interesting...I assume the paler colours mean spheres of influence. So Britain is no longer part of the EU, but part of the U.S. sphere of influence...not unplausible. However I don't think there will ever ever ever be Irish unification now. Ulster could conceivably become independent, but it will never become part of Eire IMO.

And what's with this 'Union of Britain' business?

U.S. loses territory to Mexico - unusual but not ASB.

Republican Canada BUT monarchist Australia?! :eek:

And superpower China as usual.

Wendell said:

Seems Britain broke up then the mainland managed to reform?
Maybe the conservatives keep waggling their meat hooks about...
Also weird how N.Ireland is ran by Eire.

Spain and Portugal seem to have gone seperate from the EU and conquered part of Algeria? Eh?

Russia stays in World War One after winning the Russo-Japaness war a few years earlier, the US doesn't join

So here is post-war Europe;

After the war.PNG

By the way, I don't think Austria-Hungary would have fallen apart if the USA stayed out, it was the USA promising independence to all the little ethnicities and Emperor Karl's ineptitude at handling the crisis that led to the falling apart of the Empire.

Imajin said:
By the way, I don't think Austria-Hungary would have fallen apart if the USA stayed out, it was the USA promising independence to all the little ethnicities and Emperor Karl's ineptitude at handling the crisis that led to the falling apart of the Empire.
They purposely split the crown and Rewarded the Czechs. Hungary now has a Romanov...

Imajin said:
I'm suprised Turkey seems to be intact.
Thats because this is before the partion of Turkey, but after the war. Think 1919, sense the first treaty hasn't been signed yet. Besides, in this TL Russia got hit harder on the Caucas front while still being able to maintain a supply route with Britian via the Baltics. Probably Russia's last exapansion.

this may sound silly, but...

how do you post a map, i have a beautiful one in MS paint, and i want to post it, which of the little buttons do i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.