A map I made

Question: Is this utterly ASB? POD is sometime around 1800 (you can see Nappy winning), what would have to happen?

98lvmifc.jpg

Yes, it's ASB. A few funky things going on here and there (some of which can be explained by butterflies... Balkans are a bit weird, but that's always been a very fucked up area anyway and could go any of many ways as it gets independence). But the US controlling the western hemisphere is very ASB. I see you have the US/Canadian and /Mexican borders still in place, but the hemisphere is uniformly US color, so I'm assuming that's just a mistake.

Keep in mind, many of the people in many of those nations were poor and didn't speak English. They're way too large and too far away from white US's center of power to really assimilate. Consider the OTL Mexican-American War, where the US could've pretty much gotten whatever they wanted out of Mexico, but chose a relatively sparse and relatively white chunk of land. And consider the Dominican Republic's annexation proposal: turned down by the US. What would America gain by annexing Brazil? And what would Brazil gain by allowing America to annex them? The best America could get would be access to some resources, but that's done far cheaper and more efficiently via filibusters and corporate imperialism. Each nation is going to get more expensive and harder to hold; even if they wait long enough to make sure each newly annexed region is more or less pacified, the poor and culturally incompatible new territories aren't going to contribute much to any future conquests. Plus, you can bet your ass Europe is going to get more and more nervous about the balance of power as the US gobbles up more and more former colonies. They're going to curbstomp America before the US gets a chance to get that powerful.

There is no way whatsoever that the Americas could be united with a POD of 1800. Canada and the US uniting in that timeframe isn't that implausible, but the rest....

I guess I could see South America plausibly uniting - but thats borderline ASB.

This map seems to be a way to make the universe of Code Geass come into existence o.o What with the Chines vassalization of all of Asia basically, the French dominance of Europe and the American conquest of the Americas. However, I don't see how French dominance in Europe would result in Chinese expansionism to that effect, let alone how America could go from being relatively isolationist to that.

What would America gain by annexing Brazil?

So. Much. Sugar.

What with the Chines vassalization of all of Asia basically,

Jesus, I didn't even notice that. That's another huge problem (which I'm not going to address, what with my need for sleep, but I'm sure someone else can :)).

So. Much. Sugar.

Right, but that's incredibly expensive and something corporate imperialism would be FAR better with.

Also, we could hack Rio de Janeiro off the Brazilian coast, ship it up the Atlantic, and cram it next to New Orleans, and BAM.

World's. Greatest. Fat Tuesday.

No arguments.

The "Moral Majority" would cry once they see all of that "debauchery."

The rest of America would just join them for Carnival ^-^

I see you have the US/Canadian and /Mexican borders still in place, but the hemisphere is uniformly US color, so I'm assuming that's just a mistake.

Those are meant as internal divisions, here. Note Canadian Alaska. Also, the UCS colour for the US actually was a mistake, it should not be US, but rather Canadian. I just went after the political, economical and such center of that weird union there. Otherwise, still meant like it; I can imagine that weird state to be very heterogenous and perhaps on the brink of breaking apart again.

On the Balkans, that is French blue, BTW. The others are good ol' A-H, the Ottoman Empire and some sort of pan-Hellenic union.