A future where the UK abolishes the monarchy but Canada retains it

So what would stop the Ontario government from stating, so as long as they're in power, that they'll simply never agree to any of those proposals? In a sort of retaliation move for another province delaying the process.
That's why it will never get amended. If somebody tells the feds/other provinces to pound sand the whole thing unravels. And somebody will do that.

Have they actual residences?
Technically yes, in practice there will be somewhere to put them.
Are Canadians likely to be friendly, even, to the idea of a resident monarchy?
They only have to not be single issue voters in elections.
Having a resident royal family is a new experience and, judging by the problems of the House of Windsor in the UK, transferring this family over to Canada to play a leading role in our politics and society is going to be costly.
It only becomes a problem if its costly enough to create enough single issue voters to cause the Liberal or Conservatives some concern. They royals could just be put up in a house in the countryside and shoved into the background. Existing as a constitutional necessity but not being at the forefront of anything.
I have, and I am unconvinced. The British monarchy being dethroned in the UK but still around in Canada would have major implications for governance, theoretically and practically. How would indigenous rights be like? How would Canadians feel about their head of state being not a governor-general but a foreign-born monarch freshly dethroned?
Probably would eventually get rid of them. But not before the UK, and not without a good reason. Probably they would try to find a loophole to get rid of the monarch because amending the constitution is just that much bother.
That's why it will never get amended. If somebody tells the feds/other provinces to pound sand the whole thing unravels. And somebody will do that.
100% this.

Queen Elizabeth the II died on September 8, 2022. As of today, we're still printing new currency with her face on it....

Things in Canada don't move quickly

Technically yes, in practice there will be somewhere to put them.

They only have to not be single issue voters in elections.

It only becomes a problem if its costly enough to create enough single issue voters to cause the Liberal or Conservatives some concern. They royals could just be put up in a house in the countryside and shoved into the background. Existing as a constitutional necessity but not being at the forefront of anything.

I think that you are underestimating the actual problems of making a country that has functioned without a resident monarchy into one that has a functional local monarchy. The sort of close identification by Canadians with Britain that could have let this work a century ago is substantially gone. The main relationship Canadians have with said royals is a pop-cultural one, seeing the House of Windsor as celebrities; that by itself augurs ill for a survival.

First of all, I don’t see England ending the monarchy. The United Kingdom might disband as I think at some point Scotland will leave and while Wales and Northern Ireland probably remain, I feel like at that point you just have a smaller kingdom or England just owns them.

As for Canada, I do think they’ll keep the monarchy longer than even Australia and New Zealand. They want to be different from the US because there are few differences in reality. Canada has a nationalist ideology that’s more center left yet thinks the monarchy is a distinct enough entity to keep this. Also most Canadians really don’t care and this means they don’t care enough to get rid of it either. So at best, I see Canada still holding on alone, with the throne of the UK only representing England Wales and Northern Ireland. Wales might even leave but I don’t see it but maybe if things change.