A Flag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A flag featuring the Runic letter pertho:

runic-pertho.png

That hurts my eyes for some reason. Could you try putting a white line between the red and the blue?

It's a good design, though.

What's the problem with red-on-blue, a lot of OTL flags have that, like Cambodia and Lichtenstein.

Deleted member 4898

I agree with Krall. There's something about the flag - possibly the shades of the colours used - that doesn't quite work for me. I think I white line may make it look better.

Nice design though.

That hurts my eyes for some reason. Could you try putting a white line between the red and the blue? It's a good design, though.

Reminds me of the North Korean flag, nice design. :)

I agree with Krall. There's something about the flag - possibly the shades of the colours used - that doesn't quite work for me. I think I white line may make it look better. Nice design though.

After having checked the aforementioned OTL flags I have determined that it is the shade and hue of the red and blue used that makes them hurt my eyes. Evidence to support FallenMorgan's theory?

Thanks for the complements and feedback everyone. Here's a "toned down" version (I tried putting white lines in between the blue & red, but didn't like how it looked):

runic-letter-pertho.png

I have a Challenge.

Can anyone make Alternative versions of the British Empire flags of

• Oceania
  • ie
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Christmas Island
  • Cocos (keeling) Islands
  • Norfolk Island
  • Fiji
  • Indonesia
  • New Caledonia
  • Pupa New Guinea
  • Solonom Islands
  • Vanuatu
Good Luck & Happy St Patricks Day :D

Got one for Oceania

Oceania.png

I have a Challenge.

Can anyone make Alternative versions of the British Empire flags of

• Oceania
  • ie
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Christmas Island
  • Cocos (keeling) Islands
  • Norfolk Island
  • Fiji
  • Indonesia
  • New Caledonia
  • Pupa New Guinea
  • Solonom Islands
  • Vanuatu
Good Luck & Happy St Patricks Day :D

My try on Norfolk Island. I can't say is much imaginative, just obvious.
NorfolkIsland.GIF

NorfolkIsland.GIF

Just Found this one on garena.com-A Flag of anti-FYROM Macedonian Greeks...

I just put this one into my photobucket account-I really don't think I could have made this one up. Honestly-a Flag with words?? A little too iffy a flag design for me....seems it would be better without the words....Maybe the canton can be blue and white but the field red and yellow... or vise-versa! Does would anyone like to redo this one so it looks a little more visually appealing, please?

Thanxs:D
FunnyGreekFlag.png

If you don't mind, I'd like to see a Confederate battle flag with 55 stars, to show the "implausibly conquered the Union and some other land" Confederacy from the movie CSA: Confederate States of America.

I'd also like to see an American flag that looks-fascist. Not one that has explict fascist symbols on it, but one that just looks more facist and totalitarian than the OTL one.

Status
Not open for further replies.