A Blunted Sickle - Thread II

I found and finally read this great awesome thread. It's the epic picture how one PoD cancels German Blitzkrieg and turns history to the war Entente wants to fight way. Especially I like how French flaws make allies victory in Paris possible and Hitler's fate.
Only question I have how many RKKA's trucks Soviets sold to Germany ITTL? IOTL Red Army had 270K trucks in the June 1941 and yearly production before the war was 140K trucks.
I know I'm too late for this comment but I think Stalin should react on the situation in Germany faster. The writing on the wall appeared at the latest after the Hitler's assassination attempt. Stalin prefers to see post-war Poland not as the Entente's advanced fortress, but as a neutral country like OTL Finland or, with some luck, a puppet like OTL Czechoslovakia (and Gomulka in the OTL Leino or Gottwald role). The Soviet operation will be most similar to the invasion of Poland in 1939, when, despite all the problems, the Red Army was able to mobilize for a "liberation campaign" in 12 days. This means that the Soviets are ready for the offensive by December 10 at the latest.

It's been a long time since I last read through this TL, iirc there was a thing to donate to a charity to get the pdf version, right? Anyone knows if that's still up? Would be really nice to get a refresher.

Admiral Matt

Gone Fishin'
I despair at finding an answer by searching the threads: How much will the French/English (or properly French/Not) relationship in Canada be changed in this TL?

The thought came to me in terms of the not-Manhattan project being a cooperative Franco-British project in Canada, and what that might mean for national myth-making.

I'm sure there are a dozen other factors at work.

I despair at finding an answer by searching the threads: How much will the French/English (or properly French/Not) relationship in Canada be changed in this TL?

The thought came to me in terms of the not-Manhattan project being a cooperative Franco-British project in Canada, and what that might mean for national myth-making.

I'm sure there are a dozen other factors at work.
My opinion...
Canada will serve as a bridge between the Entente and the USA(somewhat similar to before the war) rather than moving as far toward the Americans as OTL. The St. Lawrence seaway which is one of the more feel good connections between the US and Canada certainly will happen regardless (Just *too* much money to be made and I think you'd need relations to go so badly that both sides have troops on the US-CAN border... to stop it)

I don't have a good feeling for whether a strong France that is a world power, albeit tightly tied to the UK makes the Quebecois happier or not, I could see things going either way. However with a powerful France actively trying to keep Canada in one peace, I don't think you'll end up with Quebec independence.
NAFTA would likely be a non-starter, but first (40 years earlier) we have to find out what replaces Breton Woods (if anything) iTTL

ctayfor

Monthly Donor
One of the things to keep in mind is that Quebec francophone culture does not really identify with France any more than US anglophone culture identifies with England or the UK. This is a very general statement and does not take into account individuals, but I have been told (by Quebecois) that many Quebecois have the attitude that France abandoned them to the British in the 1760s, so any nostalgia for the French connection is quite muted. When Quebecois defend francophone language and culture in Canada, they are defending their own francophone language and culture and not France's. How much that would change in these circumstances I'm unsure of, but I suspect not as much as some might think.

the author might do a ebook eventually and did one already for 1940 awhile ago for a charity thing that time. But he doesnt want to do threadmarks , just scroll from the start , its abit annoying but the updates themselves are rather short usually.

the author might do a ebook eventually and did one already for 1940 awhile ago for a charity thing that time. But he doesnt want to do threadmarks , just scroll from the start , its abit annoying but the updates themselves are rather short usually.
you can also search the thread by poster, which will decrease the amount of discussion

Hope PDF is doing well
I’m ok (-ish admittedly), just having a serious attack of real life.
Currently in France (Pau) for work, and have had neither the time or the motivation to write of late. In case anyone is interested, my day job is as the Chief Engineer for the electrical half of this thing:
IMG_6382.jpeg

I’m ok (-ish admittedly), just having a serious attack of real life.
Currently in France (Pau) for work, and have had neither the time or the motivation to write of late. In case anyone is interested, my day job is as the Chief Engineer for the electrical half of this thing:View attachment 858429
If your an F1 fan your in the right place, hope you have a nice car to enjoy the history either way.

I know there isn't a threadmarks version, since I know PDF has said they would prefer to do that on their own, but does anyone have a link to the last update? I keep checking in on this every few months over the past few years and I just wanna know if I missed anything.

Stick it on a durable drone and the Ukrainians can get a Drone to Mach 1. :)
Very big drone, and anyway the physics doesn’t really work if you want to go supersonic. First customer to be announced is this thing:
IMG_6385.png

If you’re an F1 fan you’re in the right place, hope you have a nice car to enjoy the history either way.
Opel Mokka. I’m not a fan of either the car or F1 to be honest, the ex-Turbomeca factory up the road I’m spending my time at is more my street of thing.

I know there isn't a threadmarks version, since I know PDF has said they would prefer to do that on their own, but does anyone have a link to the last update? I keep checking in on this every few months over the past few years and I just wanna know if I missed anything.
I’ll check when I get home. Alternatively searching the thread with me as the author probably works too.

As far as I can tell, the most recent update is 10th January 1942, which is on page 339 of the thread.
And at this point, I can't tell whether there are more Dutch soldiers able to fight or Germans.

The short-term questions at this point are:
Will the Italians realize that by the time they are scheduled to attack on the 12th that the armed soldiers on the other side of the border are French, not German.
Will the British reach the Soviet border (the land the USSR took from either Lithuania or Poland) on the 11th, 12th or 13th.
Will anyone in the Entente find anyone actually willing to fight who isn't inside Berlin. (Warsaw is a *possibility*)

Last edited:
11th January 1942

For 1st Army, the attack by I Corps attack on Berlin is greatly strengthened by the combination of clear weather and renewed fuel supplies. As a result the attack is pressed forward strongly with full tank and artillery support, with the Brigade of Guards advancing fastest after they are allocated Unter den Linden and the Reichstag as their objective. By evening the Welsh Guards have entered the Tiergarten and the area under German control has been reduced to a single square mile.

II Corps reaches Allenstein in East Prussia after lunch, and closes to within 20 miles of Königsberg. Scattered reports are starting to come back that the local population are relieved to see them – with many expressing fears of the Soviets or Poles and treating the British troops as protectors. Unlike Berlin the resistance to advancing troops is almost negligible, with the remaining Heer forces clearly psychologically beaten and racked by desertion.
Meanwhile, advanced reconnaissance units from III Corps reach Warsaw after dark, to a rapturous welcome from the population.
Some German units remain in the city, mostly inside the Czyste and Rakowiec fortifications, but the overwhelming majority is controlled by the ZWZ.

3rd Army crosses the Oder into Poland and liberates Katowice, pushing towards Kraków.

Prioux arrives in Pardubice for discussions with the Czechoslovaks. The atmosphere in the meeting is tense, with the Czechoslovak side remembering the Munich betrayal, while on the French side they regard the “Czechoslovak” forces as very much being those of the collaborationist Slovak Republic, no matter what the French government says in public.
Fortunately the subject matter is uncontroversial – the French plan to hold in place for a short period of time to give their men a rest and allow the logistics time to catch up, before being redeployed. Since this is exactly what the Czechoslovaks are pushing for, the meeting is largely limited to technicalities such as liaison with the civil police, etc.

Requin 4th Army meets up with the Hungarians in Krems an der Donau. While the senior officers on both sides are deeply suspicious of one another, the only emotion among the troops themselves is one of relief. The French troops have been at war for more than 2 years now and have fought all the way across Germany and Austria, while the Hungarians have no idea why they’re there.

After confirmation that French troops are occupying the north side of the Brenner Pass, the Italian airborne attack on Innsbruck scheduled for the following morning is cancelled.