A Blank Map Thread

Iori, would you happen to have a version of your nice big map that:
-is close to 1888 borders (any year close I can edit to fit)
-has no rivers
-preferably no internal divisions

Thanks!

Here is my map, with his changes, but not the changes that actually made things worse (Everglades too far east, the lake in southern California just was too big, etc.)

Just posting fixes as soon as possible for people who are making mapgames and nationgames to use the most up-to-date and correct map possible.

View attachment 111418
Actually, what you refer to as the Everglades is known as Lake Okeechobee.

Iori, would you happen to have a version of your nice big map that:
-is close to 1888 borders (any year close I can edit to fit)
-has no rivers
-preferably no internal divisions

Thanks!

the Q-BAM map? Qaz made it (the basemap and borders), not me.

Or do you mean a different map?

the Q-BAM map? Qaz made it (the basemap and borders), not me.

Or do you mean a different map?

Perhaps I misattributed the map's owner - if so, sorry. I am new to the blank map thread and the forum in general. I was referring to this style of map:

attachment.php

Now that I think about it, I suppose so. I would have to redraw a lot of Africa (perhaps slightly inaccurately), but Europe would fit well. I'll attempt it.

And now with alot of colours.

I'm not sure about using the UPCA colour for Guatelmala, though it does make sense as the former developed from the Captain-Generalcy of Guatemala.

Definately don't use the FWI colour for Cuba-it was a breif attempt to create a unified state from the former British colonies, so Cuba had nothing to do with it.

Here's random guy's basemap with 2010 borders. Didn't bother doing Antarctica and there are probably some errors.
basemap2.png

Last edited:
Why exactly do so many countries need colors?

I mean I understand some of them that are unimportant today would need them in the past, but I see no reason Finland (even if I do like Finland), Czechia, Liberia, North Korea (their shuld be a single Korean color, regardles), Vietnam and Congo need colors outside of TL specific maps?

Yes, that's exactly the type of thing I was looking for, thank you!

In "The New Our TimeLines Maps Thread" someone was able to find more compatible basemaps at this site, with the maps in question at the following link. VulcanTrekkie45 already posted a very useful map showing the world in the Late Jurassic.

If those maps work, would you mind making some based on the maps Silurian, Early and late Devonian, Carboniferous (Listed on that site as Mississippian and Pennsylvanian), Early Permian (the late Permian map you just provided is just what I was looking for), and Late Triassic?

The reason I've been asking is that I have some vague ideas for a possible ISOT scenario involving at least one of those time periods and having a map of them would be very useful.

Of course, having base maps for these periods would also be useful for other people who would want to use them as well.

Anyone willing to take up this request for me? I know it was a while ago, but I just remembered it.

I mean I understand some of them that are unimportant today would need them in the past, but I see no reason Finland (even if I do like Finland), Czechia, Liberia, North Korea (their shuld be a single Korean color, regardles), Vietnam and Congo need colors outside of TL specific maps?

We've had this conversation numerous times in the UCS thread. I think many of them need to be eradicated before they become mainstream.

To be honest I don't think it matters if the colors aren't the same, although I am inclined to agree with you.

I would like to repeat this plea of mine.

I made this for the Europe County map game awhile back. Enjoy.

europecountymap.png

It is my first post on this forum so i want to say hello.
I have asking. I need two specific blank maps.
- Germany , Free City of Danzig and Austria in 1938(before Anschluss) with rivers and Bundeslands.
- USSR map with marked USSR and Russian SFSR republics.

Looking at it I think it may actually be the opposite, it should be a little further to the East.

The real problem though is it's not the right shape, which makes it look odd.

Noted. Will try to update it soon enough together with some other additions. Apologies for the late reply, BTW.

Using Iori's new base map for islands a on UCS thread, I was able to make this 2010 border map with rivers and provinces map.

P.S. The UCS colored version is in the UCS Thread

Expanded UCS Iori edits uncolored.PNG