9/11 occurs 30 yrs earlier

WI instead of AQ heading up the 9/11 attack in 2001 it had occurred 30 years earlier and been organized by the PLO or some splinter group? Or alternately, it had been run by the NVA to strike back at the US for attacking North Vietnam? Obviously they are not going to hit the WTC, but NYC is still a target rich environment.

Nixon would use it as a cacus beli to jail radicals and crack down on anti-war groups. Hell if anything it would probably be a COINTELPRO false flag implanted by the Nixon administration so that he could have gained dictatorial powers. Just like how the Weather Underground was an MK Ultra plot to destroy the left from within.

Nixon would use it as a cacus beli to jail radicals and crack down on anti-war groups. Hell if anything it would probably be a COINTELPRO false flag implanted by the Nixon administration so that he could have gained dictatorial powers. Just like how the Weather Underground was an MK Ultra plot to destroy the left from within.

Nixon wasn't brain dead. He'd never take a risk like that (ignoring the morality of it)

Realpolitik

Banned

141298991.jpg

ASB.

The proble is that islamic suicide bombings didn't develop until early 1980s and then it took another decade for them to cross over from shi'ias to sunnis. So overall Muslims are pretty much out.

Nor can I remember any group that would be prepared to both strike at US and sacrifice their own lives to do it.

The proble is that islamic suicide bombings didn't develop until early 1980s and then it took another decade for them to cross over from shi'ias to sunnis. So overall Muslims are pretty much out.

Nor can I remember any group that would be prepared to both strike at US and sacrifice their own lives to do it.

Maybe J Edger Hoover himself, he was old and had nothing to lose at that point.

Don't forget that the Puerto Rican separatists group tried to run assassinate Truman even though they knew it was basically suicidal.

That was at the height of the cold war. The US and the USSR had better intelligence services then. I doubt the terrorists could stay under the radar of both countries. While the USSR would be happy to see it happen I doubt that they would not warn the US since they would be the first suspect if it happened. After that it would only go down hill.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

Did you actually just say that the Weathermen were a Nixon plot?

Are you being serious right now?

What if it was the Black Liberation Army that undertook the attacks? If I recall, they were pretty active during the early 1970's with several bombing campaigns and 'terrorist attacks'; indeed, in 1972 five members of the organization actually hijacked a flight travelling from Detroit to Miami, eventually receiving a million dollar ransom before being captured in Algeria. I think if the hijackers were a bit more radical (i.e. suicidal), you could would be able to see an attack that slightly resembled the 9/11 attacks carried out by a domestic terrorist organization, but I'm unsure what Nixon's response would be or how high the death toll could reach.