2nd Balkan War, can it be avoided?

While the Balkan League triumphed over the Ottoman Empire in the 1st Balkan War, disputes over the allocation of conquered land, and the wild card of the formation of Albania, would, with other disputes and factors, lead to the 2nd war with everyone against Bulgaria.

With the 2nd war avoided, what impact would this then have on the formation of Albania? Would Bulgaria remain allied with Russia? Serbia(whom Bulgaria had a plan to partition Macedonia with)? And most important, who gets what in land?

Grey Wolf

Donor
While the Balkan League triumphed over the Ottoman Empire in the 1st Balkan War, disputes over the allocation of conquered land, and the wild card of the formation of Albania, would, with other disputes and factors, lead to the 2nd war with everyone against Bulgaria.

With the 2nd war avoided, what impact would this then have on the formation of Albania? Would Bulgaria remain allied with Russia? Serbia(whom Bulgaria had a plan to partition Macedonia with)? And most important, who gets what in land?

I think your answer is in your question, or your lack of answer is in those areas that your question lacks. HOW is the war avoided ? Do people make sacrifices or concessions ? If so, who ? Or does Bulgaria win the race to Salonika perhaps ?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Probably you get a smaller Albania, with Serbia, Montenegro, and Greece all helping themselves to slices.

Bulgaria was not "allied with Russia". All the Great Powers, including Russia, thought the Balkan League was being irresponsible.

Hmm... I don't know too much, but supposing Bulgaria takes an effectively defensive posture in Thrace, at least until near the end of BW1, and takes the opportunity to secure Stip and Salonika, without bothering with Edirne?

I'm thinking if the Ottomans get to keep Edirne after BW1, they won't join the dogpile in Bulgaria. Indeed, although staying out, they might lean towards Bulgaria's side, since I believe they were already suspiciously of Greek imperialist desgns in Asia, but Edirne was the more immediate concern.

If military control matches the agreements they had, Serbia and Bulgaria are more likely to implement their Macedonian plan. On the other hand, I think Serbia is still likely to ally with Greece (who will almost certainly attack to get Salonika). If Bulgaria is left to get too strong, they may "revise" the partition. Serbia got Skopje under that plan, which no Greater Bulgaria would be complete without.

I can't really think of how to avoid BW2 after BW1 has happened. There's probably some way to have Bulgaria "win", for a given value, but I can't think of one to avoid it all altogether. Whoever didn't get Salonika was not going to be happy.